What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

award for Hodgo ?

looney

Juniors
Is there any other player more deserving of the footy shows toughest player award than Brett Hodgson?I THINK NOT.

Mighty Tiger

Bench
Andy04 said:
He is soft!

Pound for pound withers would kick his ass

Mate given we have watched both play for our club I think its safe to say Hodgo is the tougher of the 2 - he wasn't at Parra because of who was coaching him :roll:

Andy04

Juniors
It always had to come back to the coach doesnt it...

Withers has been playing very good football at Saints and it seems as though he fits better into that team and some of the hits or even the attempted hits show him to be a pretty tough player

With Hodgson, i seriously think that he was playing better football at parra in 01-02 that he did this year, it looks as though he has slimmed down a bit and he has been rag-dolled a couple too many times

Mighty Tiger

Bench
Andy04 said:

With the Eels yes it does because alot of the times that is the reason ;-)

Andy04 said:
Withers has been playing very good football at Saints and it seems as though he fits better into that team and some of the hits or even the attempted hits show him to be a pretty tough player

Withers always was able to put on a big hit but what about the amounts he misses ??? After all last year he was 3rd worst ranked on % with tackles made/tackles attempted and this year he isn't going much better!

Andy04 said:
With Hodgson, i seriously think that he was playing better football at parra in 01-02 that he did this year, it looks as though he has slimmed down a bit and he has been rag-dolled a couple too many times

I don't, this year was the best I have seen from Hodgo and in regards to the rag doll comments yeah well its clear one things is for sure and that on this years performance thats something that has been put way behind him!

eelsta

Bench
Mighty Tiger said:
Andy04 said:

must be the reason hindmarsh plays so well then.
hodgo is a great player but dont forget he played soo
under the coach that you are bagging my point is dont blame smith for everything maybe youv been listening to ray hadley to much

Mighty Tiger

Bench
eelsta said:

must be the reason hindmarsh plays so well then.
hodgo is a great player but dont forget he played soo
under the coach that you are bagging my point is dont blame smith for everything maybe youv been listening to ray hadley to much

Hindmarsh could play well for the Easter Bunny whilst on the Moon!!!!, simple fact is the only coaching he needs is to learn how to pull his pants up something Smith has failed to teach him ;-)

Mate Smith can coach but at the end of the day its his way or no way at all and even when his way isn't working he isn't willing to take advice from others hence why they get dropped or are not at the club the year after, as I said he can coach but is he a good coach well we all know the answer to that one now don't we!!!!

yappy

Bench
Smith is like most coaches, they go stale. Only the Old Bennett can keep it fresh.

Smith would do himself and Parra a great service by moving on. He should have done it after 02 when he could have probably picked up the Bunnies or Melbourne and he would have made them better (but not premiership better). I'd say he fears he's left it too late and now won't get another gig unless he turns the Eels around. So he's stuck in catch 22. He isn't going to turn the Eels around significantly. The new purchases will get them eying off the bottom half of the eight, but they'll never be serious contenders again with him at the helm.

eelsta

Bench
point taken and i agree he should move on my point being that he cops a lot of unwarrented and attacks and some times i do feel a bit for him to me he seems like a decnt sort of a bloke but yea i believe parra needs a change cheers

Latest posts