What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Awful parramatta stadium

Eddie.

Bench
Why when people turn up over an hour before the game are they subjected to horrendously long lines?? - and this is nothing to do with the ticketek breakdown, evrery year people are left stranded outside when thegame begins

Why cant you see the tv replay or the scoreboard clock because of those disgusting adverting boards???

Why cant you stand for a single second lookinf for a seat at the back of the northern or southern end without the security telling you to get out of the way.

Seriously its a bloody ordinary situation.

p.s - Good win, although again we handed you the match on a platter with disgusting ball handling and ill discipline you guys showed good go forward and good defence throughout and the scoreline flattered us considerably.

Hurriflatch

Referee
1. Turn up early and support the lower grades or buy your tickets prior if you can't get there till 1st grade kickoff

2. Errmm, I've asked the same

3. See 2

2 and 3 are valid points but honestly I have no sympathy for the Johnny come lateley's who get stuck outside.

Eddie.

Bench
The fact of the matter remains the stadium should have the ability (like just about everty other nrl ground) to get people turning up 20-30 minutes before a game into a ground.

Every season there are always lines outside Parra stadium?? - i heard about people being turned away in the easter game v the bunnies a while ago.

I just dont think it is good enough. 3 years in a row tigers v eels games have been delayed for 5 to 10 minutes because of this.

eelsta

Bench
buy your ticket at the club .............and yeah buy them a few days proir,you can buy them on line and print them out yourself

eelsta

Bench
Eddie. said:
The fact of the matter remains the stadium should have the ability (like just about everty other nrl ground) to get people turning up 20-30 minutes before a game into a ground.

Every season there are always lines outside Parra stadium?? - i heard about people being turned away in the easter game v the bunnies a while ago.

I just dont think it is good enough. 3 years in a row tigers v eels games have been delayed for 5 to 10 minutes because of this.
i'd suggest you might ring fitzgerald but why would you bother :roll: :roll:

The fact is there was nothing working mate. Nobody was getting in at all. At one stage i heard that they were hand writing the tickets. What more could they have done. LAst year against Souths YES it was Parras fault but please when its an AUSTRALIAN WIDE TICKETEK problem it can't be Parras fault surely.

hurri,

some people have family, work or other commitments, we turn up 1 hr b4 game and u cant tell me that a modern stadium cant withstand 2000-3000 people to get in within a 15-25 min period. This excuse of machines went down that was about 5.10pm and is another poor excuse. Parra stadium needs more ticket windows provided on game day, to withstand demand, its easy wen u expect a big turn out put more staff. :evil:

Hurriflatch

Referee
I got to the ground at 1:55pm (5 mins after kickoff in Flegg) 1st served at the window and straight in at the North Hill (I refuse to call it Northern Terrace) gate and I was sitting down in my seat by 1:58pm

The situation tonight was made worse by the ticketek issue tho.

Hurriflatch

Referee
parraitdoesmatta said:
hurri,

some people have family, work or other commitments, we turn up 1 hr b4 game and u cant tell me that a modern stadium cant withstand 2000-3000 people to get in within a 15-25 min period. This excuse of machines went down that was about 5.10pm and is another poor excuse. Parra stadium needs more ticket windows provided on game day, to withstand demand, its easy wen u expect a big turn out put more staff. :evil:

As I said if you know you cannot turn up until shortly before kickoff buy your ticket prior to entry.

in saying that having more windows open would help but the problem tonight effected every ticketek office and venue.

sorry but u i was there at approx. 415pm, the line at the eastern ground was lined back nearly to main road one of the staff suggested we go around to western side which i did, no better anyway as i was about 7 in the queue at about 5.10 the machines gave up, that is still no excuse by 5.10 i should have been in maybe they should have tickets sales on northern and western areas.

Posted: Sat Apr 23, 2005 11:18 pm Post subject:

parraitdoesmatta wrote:
hurri,

some people have family, work or other commitments, we turn up 1 hr b4 game and u cant tell me that a modern stadium cant withstand 2000-3000 people to get in within a 15-25 min period. This excuse of machines went down that was about 5.10pm and is another poor excuse. Parra stadium needs more ticket windows provided on game day, to withstand demand, its easy wen u expect a big turn out put more staff.

As I said if you know you cannot turn up until shortly before kickoff buy your ticket prior to entry.

in saying that having more windows open would help but the problem tonight effected every ticketek office and venue.
not all of us have printers at hme, yes got printer at wrk but as i have a family, and work commitments i sometimes dont decide if i go to the game till afternoon, tried to contact ticketek you cant collect tickets on game day other than at parra leauges club (for some strange reason), so tryied to get their as early as possible still no joy

hybrid_tiger

Coach
Eddie I agree with you.

I am not complaining about the Ticketek problem. Obviously that could not be helped.

But every time I have been to Parra Stadium I have had to line-up for ridiculously long times in order to get tickets - even when it's a small crowd. Last year there was about 13,000 people there, yet there was a 25 minute wait for tickets an hour before kick-off. That's unacceptable.

Obviously they need to take a look at their organisation because something is wrong. They need more ticket booths. And the security guards are disgraceful as well.

That's the last time I'm going. I paid $20 dollars tonight to stand up for 80 minutes looking at a screen because they sold me tickets in a Bay which was completely full.

Eddie.

Bench
i stand by my comments. As someone else mentioned up the page the problem occured around 510 pm, even without the problem people would of been left stranded because of the long lines!!

They simply have to have more windows open. Hurri not everyone can make the game at 155 pm when there are 2 men and a dog at the ground. People who have commitments during the day and turn up at 5pm should be able to make it inside before kickoff. and snake ticketek bungle aside - this has happened the last 3 years i have been there.

have you people rung up to complain about the ludicris situation with the advertising hoardings and not being able to see the replay screen and the clock?? for mine this is fairly disgraceful.

Agent Mulder

Bench
I've never had a problem with Parramatta Staduim, I've been going there for nearly 20 years now and i don't think once i have had any hassle.

These days i always turn up to the game at least a hour early, i can't stand it to turn up like 10 minutes before and line up, you can't win doing that at any NRL ground.

I knew yesterday would have alot of people there so i turned up early, Also the Parramatta Leagues Club is also a great place to get tickets.

The Sarge

Juniors
Buy your tickets prior to attending the ground, like everyone should be doing.

Problem fixed.

stop whinging

Agent Mulder

Bench
The Godfather said:
Why don't you fix your Leichhardt Oval before you crap your nappy about Parramatta.

Yeah well mate, i heard alot of whining Tigers fans last night as well as they were being totally outplayed.

Stagger eel

Staff member
the basic difference between playing the game at Parra and playing it at Leichhardt is that I'd still be there know trying to get out of the callan st carpark.

enuf said.

Latest posts