What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Awful parramatta stadium

sorry guys for not being STH but we are supports and we are entitled to get access into the ground within a reasonable amount of time, what is reasonable 25-35 min, would u agree? and dont give me the crap about ticket machines went down, as we were at the ground at approx. 4.15 and when i was approx. 6 or 7th in queue at around 5.10 the computers went down, that means i was in line for 45 mins.

As suggested previously maybe it is the credit cards, and to many people are gettingto d window and playing games with were they wanna sit, maybe a c/c window only, cash window and correct me if im wrong but the northern and southern stands are general admission arent they?
y not then have cash payment and immediate entrance at the door as this will help divert half the problem. another suggestion is try to encourage if u r in a group of 4 or more u all dont need to go to the window to buy tickets, nominate 1 person to purchase and give him/her consession cards and student cards to purchase tickets

hybrid_tiger

Coach
Suitman said:
An unbiased opinion here.........Parramatta Stadium is probably the most poorly run Stadium in the NRL. Catering, security, ticketing, screen access. And I have been to them all except Dairy Farmers.

Didn't think I was the only one...

Suitman

Post Whore
hybrid_tiger said:
Suitman said:
An unbiased opinion here.........Parramatta Stadium is probably the most poorly run Stadium in the NRL. Catering, security, ticketing, screen access. And I have been to them all except Dairy Farmers.

Hybrid,

You're not. I was at Leichardt last year with 18 000 others and was in within minutes.
I couldn't give a Rats whether the Tiges have hand out tickets or computers.
I got in within a minute, just ten minutes before kickoff, and was able to buy 4 beers, (in cans) in an equal amount of time.

Leichardt might be caught in a '70's time warp, but it shits all over Parra Stadium for service.

Suity

hybrid_tiger

Coach
Suitman said:
hybrid_tiger said:
Suitman said:

Hybrid,

You're not. I was at Leichardt last year with 18 000 others and was in within minutes.
I couldn't give a Rats whether the Tiges have hand out tickets or computers.
I got in within a minute, just ten minutes before kickoff, and was able to buy 4 beers, (in cans) in an equal amount of time.

Leichardt might be caught in a '70's time warp, but it sh*ts all over Parra Stadium for service.

Suity

Finally some sense and someone who is not taking my posts as some sort of childish insult to your club.

You are absolutely 100% correct on this one. And that day at Leichhardt was full to the rafters.

:clap:

Goleel

Juniors
The best thing they did was have that ticket window out right next to the north hill, but that got the axe when the hill was redesigned unfortunately. If you can take the north hill ticket buyers out of the cronin stand line things will move at least twice as fast, not to mention those wanting to get on the hill have a quicker time not stuck behind dozens of families asking for specific seats, deals, or what have you at the counter.

I ended up stuck behind the thornett stand waiting in line while the computers were down, it wasn't a whole lot of fun, it was particularly appreciated that they didn't tell us what the problem was until after the kickoff. Thanks parra stadium. I spose that'll teach me for sleeping until late in the afternoon instead of getting out and supporting the lower grades.

The Colonel

Immortal
There were almost ten-thousand pre-paid tickets sold for the game. I do know however that with 45 minutes to go the crowd outside really started to build. There were still people turning up after kick off expecting to walk straight in.

The Ticketek problem was a hassle however the Stadium Trust are the ones to whinge at......

fish eel

Immortal
The Ticketek problem was a hassle however the Stadium Trust are the ones to whinge at......

How much control over the match day operatins of the stadium do we actrually have?

The Colonel

Immortal
fish eel said:

How much control over the match day operatins of the stadium do we actrually have?

Little to none. The Stadium Trust runs the ground, the food and the Ticketek booths and all the hoo-hah surrounding the stadium like event staff and security. Suggestions can be made of course but in the end its the Stadium Trust that oversees the event itself whereas the club orgainses what goes on and when things will start etc.

They did try and delay the start as long as they could however as its a live tv game their hands were tied a little with Fox Sports as to how long it could happen.

fish eel

Immortal
Thats what I thought.

If there was a problem at the SFS, people wouldnt be bagging the roosters, would they?

The Colonel

Immortal
fish eel said:
Thats what I thought.

If there was a problem at the SFS, people wouldnt be bagging the roosters, would they?

Yes, the problem is though its not called the Roosters Football Stadium..... ;-)

Latest posts