What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Axemen Secure AMNRL Grand Final

slow frontrower

Juniors
pennpool

As The AMNRL is amatur as of now so start saving your pennies and start fundraising for your team. How can we get big if you don't think big?

Spinner get's 500+ paying customers at his home games. Having the Grand Final anywhere else would be a poor business decision. If he can start marketing this now, what if there is over 2000? Over 3000? This is great for the league.

So if you save $10/wk from now until the august that will be over $300 and pay for the trip!

I said it before and I'll say it again we should have the AMNRL All Star game as a curtain raiser. I know that thier will be many talented players who do not make the GF with thier team that would love to be a part of the expierence.

spinnerhowland

Juniors
Guys we all need to be positive with all of this. Everyone that needs my e-mail should have it and ALL teams are welcome to contact me for help with Proposals and with ideas on what we have done to rasie money.
Big announcement to come in a day or so to encourage Overseas and out of State visitors.

pennpool

Juniors
slow frontrower said:
pennpool

As The AMNRL is amatur as of now so start saving your pennies and start fundraising for your team. How can we get big if you don't think big?

Spinner get's 500+ paying customers at his home games. Having the Grand Final anywhere else would be a poor business decision. If he can start marketing this now, what if there is over 2000? Over 3000? This is great for the league.

So if you save $10/wk from now until the august that will be over $300 and pay for the trip!

I said it before and I'll say it again we should have the AMNRL All Star game as a curtain raiser. I know that thier will be many talented players who do not make the GF with thier team that would love to be a part of the expierence.

all good and well saving for the one game but just say philly get jax in the semi final of the play offs and win then what happens as this becomes a 3rd trip down south. now before you all slate me iam all for trying to push this game forward in the states and think it is an amazing thing spinner has done but philly dont have a stadium and probably not a sponsor either so what happens then???

pennpool

Juniors
spinnerhowland said:
Guys we all need to be positive with all of this. Everyone that needs my e-mail should have it and ALL teams are welcome to contact me for help with Proposals and with ideas on what we have done to rasie money.
Big announcement to come in a day or so to encourage Overseas and out of State visitors.

spinner i dont want you to feel iam against the developments you are making for the game in the states i just feel i need to be a voice of reason. what you are doing is great and as people have said before rugby league needs more people like you throughout the world but i feel some times people dont see the whole picture and just see a huge jump forward without looking at consequence, logistics, finance and other small factors. after all debate is the reason for chatrooms.

pennpool

Juniors
Tomahawk said:
Pennpool;

That is something your team/organization should have been concerned with in the off season. You should have went out and got team sponcers and worked on getting money for your team. I know that this is hat Spinner has done with the Axeman, so they can travel. I also know the team I will be playing for in 2007 has secured enough money to make at least 2 trips to Jaxsonville. Spinner is also working on makng travel cost for teams cheaper then it has been in the past.

we as a team have sent out 35plus letters to potential sponsors and have had some good and bad responses but nothing set in stone as i have said earlier some teams just arent geogrphicaly viable for people to spend money on them. it isnt through lack of trying. as we speak we are sending out official letters to potential stadia for the upcoming season so we are trying our best to be at the forefront of the league movement in the states.

roopy

Referee
League is the pro form of Rugby. The game has developed over nearly a century to appeal to fans and sponsers - so it is a product that can be sold and should be sold.
A League Jersey that doen't have sponsership back, front and sleeves is a vacum waiting to be filled.
League can take over from Union in America. All you have to do is beat them in the race to go pro - and League has the better product for fans to view.

slow frontrower

Juniors
pennpool said:
all good and well saving for the one game but just say philly get jax in the semi final of the play offs and win then what happens as this becomes a 3rd trip down south. now before you all slate me iam all for trying to push this game forward in the states and think it is an amazing thing spinner has done but philly dont have a stadium and probably not a sponsor either so what happens then???

Thats a good point. But just an FYI i think the flights to and from Philly to Jax are less than $150.

pennpool

Juniors
slow frontrower said:
Thats a good point. But just an FYI i think the flights to and from Philly to Jax are less than $150.

if you book them a month plus in advance. i know some players paid $450 last year to fly to jacksonville.

spinnerhowland

Juniors
Guys, I hear all your voices.
Firstly, we are doing all we can to keep all costs down including the deal we are working on with the airlines (it would allow a flat fee cost up to 1 week out from travel)
ALso the hotel we are working with.
Now, if any team had to make a third trip here we would do what we could to help by giving up some of the gate to them. Not our ideal plan but we understand that would be a huge commitment and we would help out.
Trust me, the Axemen understand that we are lucky to have what we do and also that the other teams need to come to us to play and we will do all we can to help keep cost low.
More soon.
Spinner.

Sam_the_man

First Grade
If reckon you guys in rival clubs to spinners need to get behind him/them and offer what ever is needed to get the costs down.
Having said that you also need to go out there and hammer the Axemen:)