What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Axemen Update Stuff for the record

spinnerhowland

Juniors
Since the release of the Yellow Pages and the Billboards we are running our Website has seen a 34% increase in activity. 89% of that is from the Jacksonville Market, and 51% are new visitors. A pretty good increase.

We DID see an increase in crwod this past weekend and this is for sure a combination of the new marketing as well as the match up with the Fight - we imagine another increase for the game against the slayers in 2 weeks.

As for the game day - here is a link to a video that I did to show what our gameday is like - pretty damn good even if we are on field #2 due to Hodges Stadium Main field repairs - https://www.facebook.com/spinnerhow...1769667258982&set=vb.556403981&type=2&theater

We have done all we can to give our VIP's and Sponsors top class service with a VIP tent that has free beer, food and cooling fans. A merchandise tent, cheerleaders, and all our sponsors and represented using banners that line the field.

Last edited:

Heritage XIII

Juniors
Spinner, saw the video, great stuff.

In terms of the game moving forward, it got me thinking. I notice union will be on the NFL channel because they need a 'filler'. I also saw on fox here in Oz, Arena Football. It was dire and the crowd for a 'finals' match was sparse.

Therefore, with the Arena & Union stuff, it appears TV land in the USA want/can accommodate another sport.

Could you get a contact in the Jaguars NFL franchise to approach the NFL? Sell them the Axe model, so to speak, as a potential sport on the NFL channel?

Union is just crap and a tavesty of injustice if it got big via the NFL.

GTL

Juniors
The Jacksonville Jaguars have one of the worst attendance records in the NFL. Most high school football games in the USA get up to 10 to 15 thousand people in attendance. Do you really think the Jax Axeman draw anywhere near what the Florida Gators, Miami Hurricanes or Florida State Seminoles draw?

The Jacksonville Jaguars have one of the worst attendance records in the NFL. Most high school football games in the USA get up to 10 to 15 thousand people in attendance. Do you really think the Jax Axeman draw anywhere near what the Florida Gators, Miami Hurricanes or Florida State Seminoles draw?

High School football teams in the middle of nowhere that are towns with 15K people before the invention of cable would draw the entire town to them. That was many years ago. Few and far between up in the Northeast (where most of America lives) draw 15K people.
You may see a few thousand people at a HS football game but thats out west and in the south in areas like Oklahoma, Texas, Etc.

Schools like Florida State and the University of Miami have 20-40K students enrolled. So 40-60 percent of the crowd is the students because there isnt anything else to do for miles. Go to South Bend Indiana where Norte Dame is the football team is competing against people watching paint dry, grass grow or milking a cow.

deluded pom?

Coach

No-one said they did. :roll:

80MinuteMan

Juniors
Go to South Bend Indiana where Norte Dame is the football team is competing against people watching paint dry, grass grow or milking a cow.

haha, watch it! I'm like 25 minutes north of South Bend and a Notre Dame fan! :lol:

Pretty true, except Chicago & Indianapolis are fairly close for us, so most support the Bears or the Colts in the NFL. High School football draws very well here as well, but to me, thats apples to oranges. If I launched a rugby league club and drew 500 fans, I would be ecstatic.

We gotta crawl before we can walk. I still believe this sport will get there in this country.

byrner

Juniors

I dont get what you are saying. Can you expand?

RedVee

First Grade
haha, watch it! I'm like 25 minutes north of South Bend and a Notre Dame fan! :lol:

Pretty true, except Chicago & Indianapolis are fairly close for us, so most support the Bears or the Colts in the NFL. High School football draws very well here as well, but to me, thats apples to oranges. If I launched a rugby league club and drew 500 fans, I would be ecstatic.

We gotta crawl before we can walk. I still believe this sport will get there in this country.

Are you? The Indiana "80 minute Rabbits" ??? The everyready bunny for a mascot?