What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Back to the future

Big_Bad_Shark_Fan

First Grade
glockers said:
Nice call on Witt.

Anyone who insults nuffies yet worships Witt is a hypocrite.

I would call Witt the Covell of five eights but hell he is worse than that.

He is more like the Kaufusi of five eights.

hey mate how many times have you represented your country? how many first grade games have you played? oh yeah thats right so before you start bagging covell have a look at yourself you nuffbag

Sir Rabbit

Juniors
We had 20 teams at one stage. All of which had to field a reserve grade side. With stronger, richer clubs stockpiling talent while the others scrapped over what was left.

By not having a reggies comp as such has forced at least Brisbane, Melbourne and NQ to put time and loot into making the Qld cup a decent standard.

So I think their is enough talent around for a another couple of sides if they use the Qld cup blue print.

Perth Red

Post Whore
I liked the way the Western Reds had it planned (a costly model but would have been brilliant at expanding the game I reckon). When they started up they brought across approx 50 players. A first team plus a couple of dozen good talented youngsters. the idea was to spread these fringe players/younger players throughout the WARL and raise the standards fo the local league. In 5-10 years time it was envisaged that the WARL would be producing West Australian players for the Reds. As said expensive but compared to Melbourne where 10 years on their local leagues are still a long way from producing the bases of their squad and all tehy are doing it seems is propping up Q'land RL it is preferrable I reckon.

brendothejet

First Grade
If there isn't enough players I'll have a go.

surely its not THAT big a jump from A grade to 1st Grade.....!?!?!?

There are plenty of good players, plus if there are extra teams that means there is further development for guys who almost make 1st grade but are left out.

LeagueXIII

First Grade
The Reds were around when the people running (loved) the game had development and growth as an important part of their strategy, unlike todays lot who are only worried about profit (remember the world 7's). Why did Gallop come out and say that we were only going to concentrate on the east coast? What about the rest?

League basically drives Foxtel so why aren't we holding them to ransom, we are the only winter sport that rates for 30 odd weeks a year in QLD and NSW.
Milking more money from these leaches (remember they have ripped us off in the past) would fund development for more players. Allow more clubs in the NRL.

But our administraters are too busy repaying the scum that tore our game in half, a war we never asked for.

Sir Rabbit

Juniors
How long has channel 9 got the rights for? For me personally I am sick of seeing them call the footy. Maybe they should have spilt the game up and let them bid for the regular season, finals & rep footy separately? It might make them fork out a bit more of the folding stuff. Or at least help put pressure on say channel 9 to put the origin on live, or at least at a reasonable time, in VIC, SA & WA or we'll give it to someone that will?