What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bad coaches....

Yornosky

Juniors
I reckon Nathan Brown must be one of the worst coaches going round.
have a look at some of the rep players he has in his squad - Gasnier, Cooper, Timmins, Barrett, Bailey...and they cant win a game.

It doesnt get any easier this weekend against a red hot Manly outfit either.

BROWNY HAS TO GO!!!!

Mr Saab

Referee
Thanks scoop. :roll:

Brown is not a BAD coach, he is just in the wrong environment at Stg.

JJ

Immortal
Charlie Saab said:
Thanks scoop. :roll:

Brown is not a BAD coach, he is just in the wrong environment at Stg.

Why do you say he's not a bad coach? I'm undecided - but to me the evidence suggests he was put in the job far too early...

First, he replaced a coach that was (I thought) doing a reasonable job.

Second, he was coaching players that he played with, some of whom had much more experience than him (not that that means they'd necessarily be better coaches, but there might be a respect issue).

Third, good coaches don't slap star players (or any players) on the sideline in first grade games (or anywhere).

Fourth, on paper they have a fair few good players, and he's done nothing with them. Contrast that with what Murray's done with less talent at the Cowboys, and what John Lang did at Cronulla and then turning Penrith around...

I think the Dragons have missed the boat here, good coach or bad, things haven't been working and they needed to make a change - unfortunately the players seldom pay the price for underperforming

***MH***

Bench
I agree with JJ, Brownie should have stuck around with the Under 6's for a few more years before even thinking of taking the reigns of at least a harold matthews side.

Yornosky said:
I reckon Nathan Brown must be one of the worst coaches going round.
have a look at some of the rep players he has in his squad - Gasnier, Cooper, Timmins, Barrett, Bailey...and they cant win a game.

It doesnt get any easier this weekend against a red hot Manly outfit either.

BROWNY HAS TO GO!!!!

In his defence.

- Coopers out.
- Barretts been out for yonks and had first game last week!
- Gasniers first game is this week after being out for ages.

So whats your point? Oh a useless one okay point taken.

JJ

Immortal
***MH*** said:
I agree with JJ, Brownie should have stuck around with the Under 6's for a few more years before even thinking of taking the reigns of at least a harold matthews side.

My question is, why did he get the job so soon? Maybe I'm old fashioned, but I'd prefer to see guys doing a bit of time in the lower grades, or juniors first...

Mr Saab

Referee
JJ

your first, second and third pieces of evidence back up my point that he is in the wrong environment at Stg.

First....Farrar needed more time, he wasnt a failure and he didnt have the players they have now.

2nd....he is coaching players he played with, not a good environment. Sure, Gould did it in 1988 with the dogs, but thats a once off.

3rd...good coaches dont slap players, but i am willing to forget that. He was too young to be coach.

The thing is, brown may not get another chance at another club. Coaches like Coleman, Langmack, Mark Graham, Hurst...they had one chance to shine and they failed. Brown could join that group.

Mr Saab

Referee
JJ said:
***MH*** said:

My question is, why did he get the job so soon? Maybe I'm old fashioned, but I'd prefer to see guys doing a bit of time in the lower grades, or juniors first...

he did coach one season in the lower grades, but he should have done longer.

JJ

Immortal
Charlie Saab said:
JJ

your first, second and third pieces of evidence back up my point that he is in the wrong environment at Stg.

First....Farrar needed more time, he wasnt a failure and he didnt have the players they have now.

2nd....he is coaching players he played with, not a good environment. Sure, Gould did it in 1988 with the dogs, but thats a once off.

3rd...good coaches dont slap players, but i am willing to forget that. He was too young to be coach.

The thing is, brown may not get another chance at another club. Coaches like Coleman, Langmack, Mark Graham, Hurst...they had one chance to shine and they failed. Brown could join that group.

We pretty much agree then... Whether or not he's a good coach is a moot point, the main issue for the Dragons is that it's not working...

Even Royce Simmons who had huge respect at Penrith had his struggles - Brown never really fulfilled his potential as a player, and is struggling as a coach... The pressure he's under at the moment can't be much fun

Mr Saab

Referee
royce's time at the panthers had come to an end.
He was there from mid 1994 to 2001 and in his last yr there was a player revolt.
The same thing could be happening at Stg.
Brown better hope the dragons come good or he will never coach again. I dont think any club will want him.

Biscuits

Juniors
Saab finished at wests in 93.
I think there is a Saab running around in one of Souths junior rep sides. He would have to be a relation, surely.

Mr Saab

Referee
Biscuits said:
Saab finished at wests in 93.
I think there is a Saab running around in one of Souths junior rep sides. He would have to be a relation, surely.

one game for the magpies in 1993..he scored a try vs the bears in that one game too.

JJ

Immortal
Charlie Saab said:
JJ said:
BTW - what ever happened to Charlie Saab post Warriors??

post warriors?
he finishd his career at the magpies.

Woops - I was thinking of Manoa Thompson - that was a great Souths junior squad that didn't necessarily fulfil its potential

Im sorry but Im going to end this thread with the worst coach in history.

Frank Endacott.

What a ****ing useless coach he is! :lol:

JJ

Immortal
nospam49 said:

Frank Endacott.

Happy Frank? lol

I think the Warriors have a bit of a gift - John Monie, Frank Endacott, Mark Graham and Tony Kemp take some beating... Anderson was the only decent one among the bunch

JJ said:
nospam49 said:

Frank Endacott.

Happy Frank? lol

I think the Warriors have a bit of a gift - John Monie, Frank Endacott, Mark Graham and Tony Kemp take some beating... Anderson was the only decent one among the bunch

Yes, there is something about the Warriors isnt there.

The ironic thing is...they get a decent coach....and they drive him out of the club! :lol:

The thing I cant understand though is....how on League Freaks Earth does Endacott STILL have a top grade coaching job?

He was TERRIBLE at the Warriors. He become the NZ coach and took the best Kiwi lineup ever and had them getting thrashed by Australia. He then lands a job at WIGAN!

Ends up getting fired from that, because he cant coach to save his life....and STILL gets ANOTHER job, this time at Widnes!

JJ

Immortal
nospam49 said:
JJ said:
nospam49 said:

Frank Endacott.

Happy Frank? lol

Yes, there is something about the Warriors isnt there.

The ironic thing is...they get a decent coach....and they drive him out of the club! :lol:

The thing I cant understand though is....how on League Freaks Earth does Endacott STILL have a top grade coaching job?

He was TERRIBLE at the Warriors. He become the NZ coach and took the best Kiwi lineup ever and had them getting thrashed by Australia. He then lands a job at WIGAN!

Ends up getting fired from that, because he cant coach to save his life....and STILL gets ANOTHER job, this time at Widnes!

Same reason Anderson was moved out, I would think... Player power, Happy Frank is a "nice bloke", he's friendly, the players like him... Daniel Anderson got pissed off when they didn't follow gameplans etc... the players didn't like him

Latest posts