What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bad News

ortz18

Juniors
Announced when and where? I loved him he should have stayed over geyer this will bite us on the ass if its true.

Steve Turner will play wing before Cooper. A shame, but not one that will bite us IMO. Cooper is handy, but not our best young winger

Simon

Juniors
Mate you need a link or something to tell us wher you got the info from. Any body could just post anything if that was the case. I'm not saying that Cooper hasn't gone to the Knights but without any proof this post is just a rumour.

sheet_ed

Juniors
He deliberately wasn't signed - I believe he had issues with coaches and players (i.e. wouldn't listen).

You can tell the players who Bellamy repects - Cronk, Turner, Webster, etc as they keep being called back to 1sts as they do what they are told to do.

I always thought that Cooper had talent but not sure of his maturity as a player. I think Hagan will deal with him in his own way.

Also as a winger he has damaged his knee quite badly - this is a liability to a guy his size - Eric Grothe Snr never fully recovered.

Good luck to hiim I hope the knights payed top dollar - the Storm weren't going to.

Earl

Coach
Just looking at it from Newcastle's point of veiw.

They only had $8,000 left and couldn't sign Robbie O'Davis.

Where would they then get the money to pay Cooper?

simostorm

Bench
THat might have been the only offer that was made to Cooper in the whole league, so he had no choice but to take it, or get a job as a check out boy.

Craig

Juniors
I hope he stays (if he hasn't) I big lump of a lad who is pretty quick across the turf.

But in saying that, if he has attitude problems he should be on the way out.

Surandy

Bench
Hmm, I recall an article earlier in the year where Dustin talks about having to live up to his bluster, or something along those lines.

In the interview he was saying that he has a tendency to boast and that got him a bit offside with some other players early in the season and that he needed to show everyone that he not all talk but is capable of playing well.

nat

Juniors
$8000! thats nuts matty o got $400,000!!! i no that hes soooo much beta but i think its really odd that it can vary that much!!!

Go matty!! equal 3rd for dally m!!!! :D

Surandy

Bench
nat said:
$8000! thats nuts matty o got $400,000!!! i no that hes soooo much beta but i think its really odd that it can vary that much!!!

Go matty!! equal 3rd for dally m!!!! :D

Nat, the $8,000 is in reference to what the Knights claimed was all they could afford to pay O'Davis were they to re-sign him for next year. The report was that $8,000 is all they have left under the salary cap.

Earl

Coach
All Newcastle has left under the cap is $8,000. That has been well documented in the Newcastle papers. A player with the talent of Dustin Cooper could fetch anywhere between $50,000 and $100,000 depending on the club.

I don't think there is anyway possible they have sined him.