What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bad start to 2017

The Doc

Juniors
Serious question... and yes im a dragons supporter but none the less im interested to hear what your thoughts are on the following.
If the dogs get off to a bad start next year, what would bulldogs fans say is reasonable action to take regarding Hasler?
I honestly think all this shit in the off season will cause disruptions to the team.
Theres been talk of a 2 year contract extension, valid in your eyes?
Is the 2 year extension a risk considering the impact this Motimer/Hasler fiasco could possibly have on the team?
Not here to throw pot shots, just genuinely interested to hear bulldogs fans views on the situation.

Dogs Of War

Coach
He is in a perform or else situation. You can see by the contract he was offered that said if he didn't make the top 4 then he could be terminated.

I think at the end of the day, he needs to modify the style of play. More back line movements would be a start.

Really what the club is asking for more entertaining football to be played.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Give him 2017, if we're not seriously challenging for the title then he can go.

Timmah

Staff member
LOL after a 12-6 loss to the Grand Finalists in pouring rain? Get a grip.

ek999

First Grade
Lol Tim. Our attack was rubbish all night and we never looked threatening. A 12-6 loss if we had hardly any ball all night would be a great result but we dominated from about the 25th minute with one try

We have no direction from anyone in the spine or any fluency in what we do. We chuck the ball around from player to player until someone decides to have a crack themselves

ek999

First Grade
And then there is the complete lack of kicking game. The best kick of the night came from Brenko Lee of all players

Timmah

Staff member
If you're willing to pre-judge the season as gone on one performance where we held the minor premiers & GF runners up scoreless for 74 minutes, not to mention the torrential rain, then more power to you.

It wasn't a pretty game of football, we didn't offer much in attack, but I'm not going to sit here and rubbish us. I wouldn't consider that game a "bad start".

See: Penrith, Titans, Souffs

___

Juniors
Word is Hasler has until round 6.

0/2.

The footsteps are getting louder Des.

Timmah

Staff member
You said it like it was inside knowledge. It's fairly well known he's on borrowed time.

Either way I think despite results there is improvement and I reckon it'll show over the next few weeks.

___

Juniors
You said it like it was inside knowledge. It's fairly well known he's on borrowed time.

Either way I think despite results there is improvement and I reckon it'll show over the next few weeks.
I hope so, but I don't remember the last time we lost the opening 2 in a season.

I recall 2002 we lost to the Tigers opening round, then drew to the Broncos in round 2.

Timmah

Staff member
Losing the opening two rounds doesn't automatically mean we're going to have a shit season. For all you know we could go on a five match winning streak and sit top of the ladder after Round 7. Who knows?

___

Juniors
I would like that, however carrying over from last year, we have lost 6 straight games - our last win was in August. Feels like very long ago.

Dogs Of War

Coach
Well with the injuries, we get a chance to see some new blood in the team. Hopefully they can stand up and deliver over the next few weeks so it makes it hard for Des to drop them. I think the biggest one is Abbey, given it's such a key position. I'm sick of the half breaks, I would love some speed from the back.

Barkley

Bench
The injury to Hoppa could be a blessing in disguise. There was a lot of talk about how good Abbey is when we signed him, now is his time to step up. How did he go last year, he was pretty underwhelming in the few games that I saw.

I'm not too concerned with the 2 losses. We played pretty poorly in both games and came close to winning both. I agree with Timmah that the halves are getting the ball more and Lichaa is more active from dummy which is what we all wanted. I'm happy to give them a bit more time to see how it pans out. If there are not drastic improvements by Origin than I'm happy for the axe to fall on Hasler and co.

___

Juniors
Drastic improvements are needed well before origin time if the Bulldogs want to be in the finals. Well before.

God-King Dean

Immortal
Just had a look at your draw up to Origin time

IMO

Rd3 Warriors - W
Rd4 Manly - W
Rd5 Broncos - L
Rd6 Knights - W
Rd7 Rabbits - W
Rd8 Tigers - W
Rd9 Raiders - L
Rd10 Cowboys - L
Rd11 Roosters - L

Some of those will be hit & miss, but I have you guys at a 50% win rate by that time

How would everyone feel about that?

Latest posts