What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

bah! sucked in Heighington!

Stellar

Juniors
now that there will be no 16th team in the NRL in 2006 heighington is looking at having no club because he only wanted that 1 year deal.

Mighty Tiger

Bench
Stellar said:
now that there will be no 16th team in the NRL in 2006 heighington is looking at having no club because he only wanted that 1 year deal.

I wonder how Melbourne fans feel now ???? Orford could be there for a hell of alot longer now!

Wrighty79

Juniors
Some extremely lucky club will pick him up. Any chance we will be able to re-sign him, or is he well and truly out of favour?

Mighty Tiger

Bench
Wrighty79 said:
Some extremely lucky club will pick him up. Any chance we will be able to re-sign him, or is he well and truly out of favour?

I think its a chance provided he wants more than a 1yr deal which is why we said go away after 4mths and signed Merideth instead, I guess the thing is now will he agree to a contract worth less or will he move else where ???

Putting it simple he is a handy player to have but can he improve to a point that makes him a chance on pushing anyone out of the top 20 players for next year ????

I mean at the moment he isn't even playing prop let alone next year he wouldn't even fit into the Balmain Tigers backrow so I would let him go as we really wouldn't get any value out of him!

King Tigerman

Juniors
sign him for 2 years

if merideth only signed for 1 year thats a dud move no player should leave clubs & only sign for 1 year

Wrighty79

Juniors
Mighty Tiger said:
Wrighty79 said:

I think its a chance provided he wants more than a 1yr deal which is why we said go away after 4mths and signed Merideth instead, I guess the thing is now will he agree to a contract worth less or will he move else where ???

Putting it simple he is a handy player to have but can he improve to a point that makes him a chance on pushing anyone out of the top 20 players for next year ????

I mean at the moment he isn't even playing prop let alone next year he wouldn't even fit into the Balmain Tigers backrow so I would let him go as we really wouldn't get any value out of him!

You see more PL than I do MT, but I just think Rhino will be something special???

oro

Juniors
Dickson at 18 or 19 to me has demonstrated far more potential than Heighington who is 22 or 23? Heighington, while solid, has failed to consolidate a first grade position.

jirskyr

Juniors
I don't rate Heighno. He'll always be a fringe first-grader. You need that something extra and he doesn't seem to have it even after a bunch of first-grade games.

Good backup for injuries he is.

tiger8989

Juniors
I rate Heighno bigtime.
He is one of the most aggressive forwards we have and he can put on a good hit when needed and a strong run when we are deep inside our own half.
He gets quick play the balls away and has good skills for a forward.
He always looks enthusiastic and willing to take on the line.
I feel he has been hard done by this year , being dropped from the first grade sqad, when he has had more impact than Harrison, Oniell and Fulton.

Dont let him go, he is too good to lose!

Juniors
tiger8989 said:
I rate Heighno bigtime.
He is one of the most aggressive forwards we have and he can put on a good hit when needed and a strong run when we are deep inside our own half.
He gets quick play the balls away and has good skills for a forward.
He always looks enthusiastic and willing to take on the line.
I feel he has been hard done by this year , being dropped from the first grade sqad, when he has had more impact than Harrison, Oniell and Fulton.

Dont let him go, he is too good to lose!

How come no other club has signed him?

I am sure if Fulton and Harrison were on the market plently of clubs would be chasing them.

He will probably come back to the club asking for that 2 year deal but only because Central Coast won't have a team for at least 2 years. He only wants to use us. I say let him go back to Umina Bunnies.

innsaneink

Referee
We should try to hang onto him......big deal, the kids trying to get the best deal for himself, its business!

Tigerpete

Juniors
I think Heighno still got some potential but like oro and MT have said, Someone like Dickson is more likely to fill that potential and in my opinion too is a far better player than Chris is now.

HOT028

Juniors
chris should be signed to the balmain side, then if he has a good year offer him another two year contract tehn if he knocks that back well its time to say goodbye, i dont understand what these guys are thinking gosford is only about an hour away its not like they cant live there and travel to training, now gold coast i can understand but the central coast #-o

Wrighty79

Juniors
HOT028 said:
chris should be signed to the balmain side, then if he has a good year offer him another two year contract tehn if he knocks that back well its time to say goodbye, i dont understand what these guys are thinking gosford is only about an hour away its not like they cant live there and travel to training, now gold coast i can understand but the central coast #-o

It's all about travel I guess. Can you imagine being stuck in traffic every day, and it taking you nearly 1.5 hours to get to work, and possibly longer to get home??? That would suck! :p

brooksy19

Bench
Wrighty79 said:
HOT028 said:

It's all about travel I guess. Can you imagine being stuck in traffic every day, and it taking you nearly 1.5 hours to get to work, and possibly longer to get home??? That would suck! :p

Yes it does, says to central coast -> sydney commuter..i dont blame heighno at all...

Latest posts