What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bailey axed for South Africa

typicalfan

Coach
Marsh is picked as a horses for courses selection. I don't agree but see where they are coming from. Top order player suited to seaming conditions. Hughes has had success in South Africa before and their spin options aren't as good as Swann. Would have picked him over Doolan.

TheParraboy

Staff member
Really shows the lack of viable options at this point

HAH obviously had his run now it's Darshes turn

Hughes has put his hand up at Shield Level this year (as well a s North), I would have taken either as the back up batsman as a reward for that, otherwise why bother scoring runs in Sheild??. Just look good for a few strokes like Doolan and get picked.

Lynn as Baileys replacement

TheParraboy

Staff member
The same Shaun Marsh who scored 0, 3, 0 (when 3 others scored 134, 329* and 150*), 11 (when an opener scored 180), 3 (when 2 others scored 221 and 210), and 0?!?!?!

A total of 17 in 6 innings at an average of 2.833 per innings?!?!?

This was TWO years ago, during a 4-0 drubbing of India at home.

What has Shaun Marsh done to improve?!?!

Sure, Bailey could do more...but really...Shaun Marsh!??!?

That 2.833 series average is seriously gonna be challenged if Marsh plays all 3 tests :crazy:

MadKook

Juniors
Brayshaw will be talking about how Maxwell is the better option over George Bailey this Friday.... :lol::roll::crazy::sarcasm::oops:

unbreaK

Juniors
Although everyone hates Hughes here, he's scored a million runs in FC this year and probably deserves the spot over Marsh, and possibly even Doolan.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
well I was gonna say they must have figured Hughes has had enough chances but fmd, how many as Marsh had ?

and his record is shit, there seems to be little doubt that he has been selected on his two ODI fifties

this old fossil just wont learn

Horrie Is God

First Grade
Darsh has averaged 25 at first class level since he last got the arse from the test team..

Even he doesn't think he deserves to be there, going on his interview today on Faux Sports News..

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
Daniel Brettig said:
Marsh is aware of how fortunate he is to be granted yet another chance, having done very little in pure performance terms to warrant it. At the age of 30 he has had more chances than any Australian cricketer should have a right to, and acknowledges that the enormous degree of selection faith he has been given must somehow be repaid. "They've obviously shown a huge amount of faith in me," he said. "It'd be nice to reward them with a few runs in South Africa if I get a chance to play."
Marsh is not entirely sure why he has been thrust back into Test contention once more, and could barely believe it when Inverarity called him. But in addition to Langer, Lehmann, Haddin, Clarke and others, there is the other benefactor to be considered. Shaun Marsh's dad is Geoff "Swampy" Marsh, the former Australian vice-captain and opening batsman, who was on hand to present his son with a Test cap in Sri Lanka in 2011. Whatever Marsh has been, and whatever he may become, he will always be SOS, the son of Swampy.
LINK

Spot On

Coach
Apologies for straying off topic but....

Has anyone seen Peter Siddles partner???

f**k me. Hot stuff.

Dips me hat to ya Pete. Well played.