What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ball Movement terrible

Eddie.

Bench
We looked like a under 6 team throwing the ball around willie nillie with no players running on the ball hard or straight

Backrowers didnt want to hit the ball up, there was no go forward at all, just kept going side to side at a slow and predictable pace until the predictable error came.

Vicious

Bench
Eddie. said:
We looked like a under 6 team throwing the ball around willie nillie with no players running on the ball hard or straight

Backrowers didnt want to hit the ball up, there was no go forward at all, just kept going side to side at a slow and predictable pace until the predictable error came.
Mate,i`ve been saying that all year.Sattler and O`Neill both think they are 5/8s!

daslacker

Juniors
Your right vicious.

This one of the main reasons we get beaten.If your a forward u have to get the
team rolling forward.Thats the thing we lack so badly.

Brian smith was right with what he said about huge forwards win games and was
some what critisied.More so for what he bought than the idea.There just isn't
enough quailty to go around.

bonstonker

Juniors
anjd again,what about the f**king props.
once again we have 2 props that did f**k all between them.

look at the stats,and they better be wrong

payten 4 hitups 19 yards
gibbs 4 hitups 30 yards
fulton 2 hitups 14 yards
mears 2 hitups 24 yards
harrison 5 hitups 33 yards
buckets 4 hitups 37 yards
senter 6 hitups 50 yards
sattler 10 hitups 51 yards
heigo 11 hitups 103 yards
skando 14 hitups 94 yards

those stats better be a long way off,because most of those stats are a disgrace again.

axl rose

Bench
bonstonker said:
anjd again,what about the f***ing props.
once again we have 2 props that did f**k all between them.

payten 4 hitups 19 yards
gibbs 4 hitups 30 yards
fulton 2 hitups 14 yards
mears 2 hitups 24 yards
senter 6 hitups 50 yards

those stats better be a long way off,because most of those stats are a disgrace again.

id like to know how many minutes they were on the feild but regardless that is looking very very ugly.

Vicious

Bench
Payten doesn`t seem keen on running the ball.Gibbs has to start getting more aggressive and much more involved.Buckets played close to 80mins for 4 hit ups?

Mighty Tiger

Bench
Vicious said:
Payten doesn`t seem keen on running the ball.Gibbs has to start getting more aggressive and much more involved.Buckets played close to 80mins for 4 hit ups?

Yeah I think thats because he has the Corey Pearson Syndrom :cry: :cry:

Vicious

Bench
Mighty Tiger said:
Vicious said:

I`m sure he has,but plenty of people seem to think he`s a vital part of the team!

Famous1

Juniors
Vicious said:
payten was constantly over the advantage line, stats arent always so true, QUALITY

Vicious

Bench
Famous1 said:
Vicious said:
payten was constantly over the advantage line, stats arent always so true, QUALITY
Be fair dinkum.He ran the ball 4 times.Thats a disgrace.I don`t think he`s interested,he still sits with all the Roosters players at their games when the Tigers aren`t playing!

Wilks

Juniors
bonstonker said:

payten 4 hitups 19 yards
gibbs 4 hitups 30 yards
fulton 2 hitups 14 yards
mears 2 hitups 24 yards
senter 6 hitups 50 yards

You cant have many hit-ups when you dont have the ball. Granted when we had it we were soft but for the 2nd week running we had to make a 1000 tackles (and miss just as many).

Vicious

Bench
When we do have the ball,the majority of the forwards want to be ball players rather than having a go at running hard and straight and trying to get a roll on.

yappy

Bench
Bon is it the Props or the playbook?

It always amazes me that when ever Wests (Tigers or Magpies) make a good hard hit up up he guts they follow it up with a dicky spin it to some small bloke who then steps back into the forwards and gets creamed for a net gain of 0 (not to mention the obligatory slow PTB). You just don't see a power run followed up by another aimed at the same (preferably targetted before the game) defender. This should be footy bread and butter. Identify a guy you want to make a sh*tload of tackles (either because they're a turnstyle or they are a playmaker you want to tire) and then run tanks at him tackle after tackle. He might make the first half dozen, but if you keep mounting the pressure they all end up cracking.

I dont know if it's something that Sheens is decreeing throughout the club or just a coincidence and caused by the props not demanding the ball, but Wests always seem to want to spread it well before they've layed the required platform. That might work for you when you've got a side like the early 90's Broncos, but the Tigers should be looking to play the game around the rucks with lots of quick hit ups following each other and then looking to release the dummy half.

Mighty Tiger

Bench
Vicious said:
Mighty Tiger said:
Vicious said:

I`m sure he has,but plenty of people seem to think he`s a vital part of the team!

As do I!!! But in saying that he really needs to just do what he does best and hit the ball up and make the tackles like he normally does

Nitekrwlr

Juniors
Benji = enthusiam = attack =tries

Wilson = boring = no attack

Prince = origin = big head = for goods sake please run the f@cking ball and kick the f@cking ball to OPEN space

Kerr is a must.

Wilks

Juniors
Origin hasn't gone to Scotty's head. He tried hard last night but nothing came off. Its time to give Kerr a crack with Prince now.

Bench
I do not think that that Buckets is an integral part of the team,he was last year but not now.It's time to give the younger guys a go,forwards who know what their job is.

Latest posts