What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ball Tampering

Iafeta

Referee
What I’m hearing sounds about right.

1 year for Smith and Warner
Lehmann terminated

I suspect this will end Warners international career. All reports are embellishing what everyone suspected. He’s a tool of the highest order.

Smith I believe will return. He’s too good not to. He will, though, never captain Australia again.

The sponsorships for both of them are shot. This will cost them both bucket loads of coin.

I think if Australia want to avoid further events, they need to review that psyche that the likes of Warner capsulated in the team. There’s underlying issues here that have been cultivated for some time I believe.

I think Warner will become part of the t20 travelling rodeo.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
I always thought Warner was the ringleader, main reason why??? He's always been the team ball shiner yet when he is nowhere to be seen and Bancroft is doing the deed??? Why??? Warner was already on 3 demerit points and didn't want to risk a suspension so he gets the team rookie to do it.

Absolutely gutless, and Smith not being able to tell him no tells us all he was never the right bloke for the skippers job either.

mozza91

Coach
A one year ban is massively over the top. Surely the previous sanctions given to those who’ve done it should set some sort of precedent?

Cricket Australia need to ignore the ridiculous overreaction from the media, most of whom know absolutely nothing about cricket and give a fair punishment.

TheParraboy

Staff member
Warner is done and dusted for good

I cant see him coming back from this

Maybe Smith can, but wouldn't be surprised if he didn't and decided to retire away from the spot light

Warner is done and dusted for good

I cant see him coming back from this

Maybe Smith can, but wouldn't be surprised if he didn't and decided to retire away from the spot light

That’d be really sad if we never saw smith again, I don’t think it’ll be that bad.

People thought the drug ban was the end of warnie, time can do wonders.

Timbo

Staff member
I'm still astonished that they're going to let Bancroft play in the fourth test.

Gosh, our batting lineup is looking extremely weak over the next 12 months - but rightfully so.

I think they'll parachute an old head in to be full time skipper, and my money is on Bailey. I think Bancroft will spend a season back in the Shield, and they'll let the domestic partnership of Renshaw and Burns have an extended crack at the top.

Fangs

Coach
Ha? What makes the boxing day test sacred? Its just f**k wit victorians. There has already been 2 tests by then.

Just another test to you. To others its sacred. The most important test in the cricket calendar for Australia.

CA won't want our national team being booed on BD.

Don’t be surprised to see a big part of their ban suspended.

Cricket Australia handed out a 2 year ban to a female cricketer for betting not long ago, they suspended 18 months of it.

The 1 year part of it could just be for dramatic effect.

T-Boon

Coach
That’d be really sad if we never saw smith again

That aint happening unless he quits. Good guy, bad decision. He is totally a likeable guy. On the other hand there is something about Warner everyone just wants to hate. Is it that he is a cock? He seems like a piece of shit.

That aint happening unless he quits. Good guy, bad decision. He is totally a likeable guy. On the other hand there is something about Warner everyone just wants to hate. Is it that he is a c**k? He seems like a piece of shit.

Yeah I meant if he quits. He’s not going to get a life ban, and he’ll easily be recalled to the team as a batsmen. Warner though looks like he’s on the outs big time. He’ll be a T20 mercenary.

Latest posts