What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Balmain's run home

tigger

Juniors
Looking at the current situation we are 8th of the ladder with Cronulla & Easts very close behind. With 4 games left against Newcastle, St Marys, Parra & Souths we will need to win at least 3 to get into the semis. After a strong showing against Canberra, we can come in at 8th and still stand a chance...... I would probably prefer to play Canberra than the dogs or saints because IMO both of these teams are unstoppable when in good form.

COME ON THE MIGHTY BALMAIN TIGERS.

Mighty Tiger

Bench
Good weekend for the Tigers which saw of course Balmain defeat the Knights on a very gutsy effort. Also saw Souths, Wests and the Sharks all suffer defeats over the weekend as well :D

So the ladder looks like this
6. Wests 19pts
7. Balmain 19pts
8. Souths 18pts
9. Roosters 17pts
10. Sharks 16pts

Balmains Draw
Cougars, Eels, Souths

Wests Draw
Dragons, Jets, Manly

Roosters Draw
Eagles, Bears, Raiders

Sharks Draw
Eels, Souths, Bulldogs

Souths Draw
Bears, Sharks, Tigers

brook

First Grade
souths and newcastle shouldn't be a problem - the key there is that we need to use the games to their best advantage to boost our for and against and not just slack off and only do enough to win.

Out of st marys and parramatta i actually see the eels (at leichhardt) as the easier game despite the fact that they are higher on the table and flogged us last time - we were missing almost our entire backline last time we played them and it was a poor showing all round but i'm pretty sure we can turn the tables on the scum at leichhardt if we play to our best.

Not so sure about playing canberra in the finals - saints are very very good but we've beaten them once and when they had less injuries in first grade (stronger reserve grade team) AND nathan blacklock in the side - and it was at jubilee...given that i think we could stand a decent enough chance in the finals.

Mighty Tiger

Bench
Also should add that Farrah, Milton, Luland and Halutua to say the least will all be eligable for all the finals matches played as well and should all be fully fit.

tigger

Juniors
No doubt Balmain has a team that when they are actually interested can beat any team in the comp, they just need to keep their heads & actually score tries (a good example was last weeks game). I would hate to have to remember how many times in the last 20 years Balmain should have won but could not actually get over the line (sometimes after 5 repeat sets :( ).

braz

Juniors
you don't wanna play the raiders at bruce.

last year wests (8th) played dogs (1st) at belmore and spoilt their fan day :lol:

if the magpies can beat newtown, manly and one of either saints or the cougars we should be a good shot for 5th place ;-)

B_Tiger

Juniors
I agree tigger, Balmain have a terrific side. Tippett may not be a first grader but he makes for a good reserve grade half. The backs are very good and Small and Hawkins would be one of the best front row pairings in the league. Also, against Canberra they led most the match and looked the better side but in typical Balmain style they did everything possible to lose the match. I'd say Balmain will be one of the least favourite sides to play in the finals, if they make it.