What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bangers vs Aussies - 2nd Test

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
be interresting to see if Warnie playes or Cullen gets his first run

aussies1st

Staff member
I hear Lee and Clark are under injury clouds. So Johnson and Bracken are on standby. We may as well give Johnson a go cause we brought him here. Cullen definitely should play.

lockyno1

Post Whore
Jaques better play otherwise our weak batsmen will be exposed again! P..s Wonderboy off, he aint test standard!

Big Mick

Referee
1. Jaques
2. Hayden
3. Ponting
4. Martyn
5. Hussey
6. Clarke
7. Gilchrest
8. Gillespie
9. Bracken
10. MacGill
11. Cullen/Johnson depending on the pitch

Give Clark, Lee and Warne a rest.

lockyno1

Post Whore
I'd go

1. Hayden
2. Jaques
3. Punter (c)
4. Martyn f..k
5. Hussey
6. Symonds
7. Gilchrist
8. Dizzy, promotion to no8!
9. Johnson
10. Macgill
11. Cullen

Big Mick

Referee
Bracken --> Johnson.

Johnson is a nuffy...has been a nuffy at ODI level where Bracken has excelled...Bracken deserves a shot ahead of him.

Piss symonds off...he's showed he can't take it..why bother?

Bumble

First Grade
1. Jaques
2. Hayden
3. Ponting
4. Hussey
5. Symonds
6. Clarke
7. Gilchrist
8. Gillespie
9. Lee (or Bracken if Lee is out)
10. Clark (or Cullen is Clark and Lee are both out)
11. MacGill

aussies1st

Staff member
Johnson has talent, Bruce Reid also rates him but it feels too early for him. But in saying that they brought him over so why not give him a crack.
All depedns on how many bowlers we play though. Can't see him playing if we take a 4 man attack.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Bangladesh Australia, 2nd Test, Chittagong

Weary Australia ponder changes

Cricinfo staff

April 14, 2006

Shane Warne may be rested for the Chittagong Test as Ricky Ponting admits the team is 'fatigued' © Getty Images
Ricky Ponting has hinted that Australia will make changes to their side for the second Test at Chittagong which starts on Sunday. A number of players looked jaded during the Fatullah Test and there are concerns over the fitness of Shane Warne and Brett Lee in particular.

"We have to look at it pretty closely," Ponting told reporters. "The last thing we want now are guys going into the second Test match that are fatigued and come up with an injury that could put them out for a long period of time. If you'd been in our dressing room and seen how fatigued and exhausted some of the players are I think everyone would be quite surprised."

Australia will train on Saturday before making any final decisions, but Dan Cullen is on standby should the selectors opt to rest Warne, who is suffering from a sore shoulder, and Mitchell Johnson and Nathan Bracken could be brought in for the weary Lee and Stuart Clark. "We are going to have a really good look at a few of the guys," Ponting explained. "Actually that was on the cards coming into the first Test. I was a little bit worried about a couple of our fast bowlers in particular with the workload they had during South Africa.

"Shane had a very heavy workload as well and as you can see from this game he has come through with an injury but he was able to bowl pretty well in the second innings. So we have to monitor him and see how he pulls up, we have Bracken and Cullen who have flown out early. "We will give the guys a few days now to go back and do nothing and see how they pull up closer to the start of the Test match."

He added: "If you had been in our dressing room and seen how fatigued and exhausted some of the players are I think everyone would be quite surprised."

© Cricinfo

aussies1st

Staff member
Bracken deserves a go but think about this.
Bowling lineup - Bracken, Clark, Dizzy, Cullen, MacGill
or Johnson, Clark, Dizzy, Cullen, MacGill
The latter at least has a quick and if Johnson gets it right he will be tough to play. I can't see Bracken going well on these pitches.

Big_Bad_Shark_Fan

First Grade
1. Hussey
2. Hayden
3. Ponting
4. Martyn
5. Clarke
6. Symonds (Not permanently but just for this test)
7. Gilchrist.
8. Gillespie
9. Bracken
10.Clark
11.MacGill

Briza

Juniors
I doubt Bracken will bowl on those pitches.

Clarke
Gillespie
MacGill
Cullen
Johnson

Kasper 12th man

Red Bear

Referee
Jaques
Hayden
Ponting
Martyn
Hussey
Clarke
Gilchrist
Lee
Gillespie
Macgill
Clark

From what we have over there at the moment. Clarkes position is debatable tho, with Hodge obviously a chance for a recall, and whoever other middle order players there are out there.

Master Vippo

Juniors
Briza said:
I doubt Bracken will bowl on those pitches.

Clarke
Gillespie
MacGill
Cullen
Johnson

Kasper 12th man

Kasper is at home injured

And why wouldnt Braken bowl ahead of Johnson, they are both tall Left arm quicks. Its just that Bracken has proven hes good, Johnson has proven hes not. Its just stupid

ps, i'd recall Bichel before i would give Johnson a look at all

Master Vippo

Juniors
Jacques
Hayden
Ponting
Clarke
Hussey
Gilchrist
Gillespie
Clark
Bracken
Cullen
MacGill

Why would Clark need to be lest out, unless hes injured, he has played 4 tests...harden up

Latest posts