What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Barba knees to the back

Slippery Morris

First Grade
What do you guys think he will cop for laying the knees into Soward?

I have a feeling he will cop nothing as he is the golden boy of the league and will probably get a slap on the wrists like Billy girl cops every time he does something dirty.

hardbaby

Coach
I saw the replays this morning. Wasn't as bad as I first thought. That action helped the Dragons back into the game. Penalty enough probably.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
The ref had no choice. That's one where he couldn't ignore the rules.

Barba had plenty of time to pull out, and once the knees go into that kidney area, it's not a good look. The slomo replay did him no favours at all.

Have no idea how the MRC and judiciary will respond. Their only consistent trait is that they are inconsistent.

FlameThrower

Bench
What do you guys think he will cop for laying the knees into Soward?

I have a feeling he will cop nothing as he is the golden boy of the league and will probably get a slap on the wrists like Billy girl cops every time he does something dirty.
Yes golden boy, clean skin with maybe no carryover points, I can't see anything happening...

TheRev

First Grade
Yep penalty try was sufficient, and put it in the memory banks if he ever does it again (was just sloppy).

But yes if a Dragons player did it, maybe another story...

Slippery Morris

First Grade
He had time to pull out so if he does not get suspended then that is pretty poor and if a player gets reported going forward can point to that as a good example to get off.

At the end of the day he could have easily avoided contact or made less contact than he did.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Soward should have been sent off for getting in the way of Barba's knees.

Come to think of it, could you imagine the outrage if Soward did the same to Barba?

silverex

Bench
He'll get nothing for the knees in the back.

But he should go for 3 weeks for running into the in-goal area with his fingers to his lips saying 'shush' to the Dragon Army (when he scored his try that wasn't).

Where's the respect?

Stagger Lee

Bench
I seem to be a lone voice in saying that Basha Barba should have been sent off at the time.

No one doubts it was a foul play and that he could have pulled out of the flop (lets not call it a tackle -it wasn't) Knees to the back could have caused a serious injury.

Any one else agree?

Willow

Assistant Moderator
I seem to be a lone voice in saying that Basha Barba should have been sent off at the time.

No one doubts it was a foul play and that he could have pulled out of the flop (lets not call it a tackle -it wasn't) Knees to the back could have caused a serious injury.

Any one else agree?
I'll join you Stagger.

He should have been sent off.

Soward should have been sent off for getting in the way of Barba's knees.

Come to think of it, could you imagine the outrage if Soward did the same to Barba?

Look I've seen players get chinned on the fist, or deliberately jawwed on the elbow or forearm. I've even seen some dirty players wrecklessly use their eyeballs in an attempt to scratch the fingertips of an opposing player, but fairdinkum, Sowards use of his kidneys to king - hit an unsuspecting Ben Barba on BOTH kneecaps was a truly gutless act. Poor Ben, that must have really hurt!

Ref's got it completely wrong.

FlameThrower

Bench
He'll get nothing for the knees in the back.

But he should go for 3 weeks for running into the in-goal area with his fingers to his lips saying 'shush' to the Dragon Army (when he scored his try that wasn't).

Where's the respect?
Exhibit "A". Why I hate Barba. Would have loved so much to have game gone extra time and Soward kick field goal, suck on that......

R&WTILLIDIE

First Grade
And right at the end Barba runs past the Dragons army with his finger to his lips like he's silencing them. What an absolute merkin!!!

Stagger Lee

Bench
And right at the end Barba runs past the Dragons army with his finger to his lips like he's silencing them. What an absolute merkin!!!

Not as bad as Sandow doing his choking gesture to the kogarah hill in 2010 though his punishment was to be signed by Parra :p

Any one else agree?

Well I thought he could have been sent off.

He WILL get 2 - 3 weeks.

Look I've seen players get chinned on the fist, or deliberately jawwed on the elbow or forearm. I've even seen some dirty players wrecklessly use their eyeballs in an attempt to scratch the fingertips of an opposing player, but fairdinkum, Sowards use of his kidneys to king - hit an unsuspecting Ben Barba on BOTH kneecaps was a truly gutless act. Poor Ben, that must have really hurt!

Ref's got it completely wrong.

Thanks Black Forest
You just put the Happy back into one Old Dragon!

PS - do you happen to have a good cake recipe??

Latest posts