What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Barrett, what a champion

grouch

First Grade
BlaC_WIte_"N"_BlUE said:
Found this list in the season guide

Sharks reps
Brett Kimmorely- 3 games for Country 2001-04 , 6 games for NSW 2000-01,2005; 14 tests, two super league testsand the tri nations
Darren Albert- 1 game for NSW 1999, 1 game for country origin2001
Luke Covell- Country 2005
Adam Dykes- City origin 2001
Phil Bailey- 3 games for NSW 2003, 2 tests 2003
Tevita Latu- 1 test for NZ 2004
Nigel Vagana- 31 tests for NZ 98-04
Ben Ross- 6 games for QLD 04-05
Lance Thompson- City 01-03-04

Dragons reps
Trent Barret- 7 games for NSW 1997-2005 , 11 tests 2001-05, Country Origin 03,05
Matt Cooper- 4 games for NSW 2004-05 , Country origin 2003-05, 6 tests 2004-05
Mark Gasnier- 4 games for NSW 2005-05 , 7 tests 2001 -05 , City origin 2001,2003
Luke Bailey- 9 Games for NSW 2002-05 , 2 tests 2003-04 , Country origin 2002, 2005
Ben Creagh- 1 Test, Country origin 2005
Ben Hornby - 1 game for NSW 04, counrty origin 2005
Jason Ryles- 8 games for NSW 2002-05,15 tests 2001-05 , Country 2001-03-05
Shaun Timmins- 9 games for NSW 2000-2004, 8 tests , Country 03

There you have it the Dragons my have more "caps" but we have more rep players
Colin Best played for City in 2001. So the numbers are even, St George are ahead on caps. There are several errors in the season guide.

Bucket

Bench
BlaC_WIte_"N"_BlUE said:
take off ya red and white glasses
..tell big bad sharks fan the same thing because dykes isn't even in the top 10 5/8's in the NRL...marshall is just as good as barrett except he can't kick as well and lockyer's defence isn't as good as barrett's...i prefer barrett to dykes, lockyer and marshall because he is a great defender, has a good kicking game and is one of the best ball running 5/8's in the world, as an all round player he is the best out of those mentioned....

BWNB

First Grade
grouch said:
Colin Best played for City in 2001. So the numbers are even, St George are ahead on caps. There are several errors in the season guide.
ok so we do have the same number of rep players , im just going by what the guide says aswell.
Is the head to head record true then?
sharks 8 wins
dragons 7 wins
1 draw?

Inferno

Coach
grouch said:

Nah Phil leuileui played for New Zealand A. So we are back to 1 ahead ;-)

BWNB

First Grade
Bucket said:
..tell big bad sharks fan the same thing because dykes isn't even in the top 10 5/8's in the NRL...marshall is just as good as barrett except he can't kick as well and lockyer's defence isn't as good as barrett's...i prefer barrett to dykes, lockyer and marshall because he is a great defender, has a good kicking game and is one of the best ball running 5/8's in the world, as an all round player he is the best out of those mentioned....

ok Dykes isnt the top 10 big i recon nige would. Locky would be better was regarded as a great fullback aswell as a great 5/8 when he gets the ball in his hands

Dragonwest

Juniors
BlaC_WIte_"N"_BlUE said:
Barret is not better then Marshel or Lockyer , Lockyer was nominated like 2nd best in the game behind
Johns take off ya red and white glasses

yeah lockyer is a great player and when he is wearing the number 1 id rate him the second best in the game behind johns, but number 6 is a different story. Mentioning dykes just lost you all credibility and no right to mention bias.

BWNB

First Grade
Dragonwest said:
yeah lockyer is a great player and when he is wearing the number 1 id rate him the second best in the game behind johns, but number 6 is a different story. Mentioning dykes just lost you all credibility and no right to mention bias.

where did i mention dykes?

Steelers4eva

Juniors
BlaC_WIte_"N"_BlUE said:
ok Dykes isnt the top 10 big i recon nige would. Locky would be better was regarded as a great fullback aswell as a great 5/8 when he gets the ball in his hands

Vagana is a real good attacking footballer but his defense is rubbish, his 'throw the handbag style' will get him suspended before the year is out. How can you rate him in the top 10 when he hasn't played enough footy at 5/8 in the NRL to rate him.

Bucket

Bench
ShArKsMaN said:
and the topic/debate rages on, most do think barrett is a wanker...even if some do respect what he does on the field, doesnt change the fact that he is a wanker....what am i saying hes pretty much a cat on the field aswell.
hmmm....interesting sharksman, what makes you hold this view of Trent? if you can justify why you think barrett is a wanker it would help me understand this stupid statement because from what i have seen he seems to be a really nice bloke......

Sharkie™

Juniors
k where to begin....

1. he is a little bitch on the field who wingdes
2. vaganas love tap to the face shows how full of sh*t he really is and will stop at nothing to rip off another team even if it means he doesnt have to us his "pure skill"
3. the push ups in the bar, thats just a joke and once again drove rugby league into the ground
4. this constant bullsh*t of him going should i stay or should i go to the ESL. its not good for ur club or the NRL in general. (this appiles to gaz aswell)
its all about this constant attention seeking bullsh*t.
5. when his good mate tommo was in trouble he didnt defend, he was just like mmmmm thats a real shame but i play for australia so does it really matter what happens to him, ask me some questions about me and how good i am.

if anyone can think of anything else please let me know

Bucket

Bench
ok....
1. he rarely whinges on the field and being a little bitch is shared mainly by sharks fans and losers alike.
2. every club milks penalties when they have the chance, this includes the sharks....not that i am advocating this behaviour which is poor sportsmanship
3.LOL, drove rugby league into the ground LOL you idiot....
4. Barrett has always had the clause in his contract and has always wanted to play in england at some stage, i would much rather he does it now than at june 30 or during the season, and anyway its the media that publicise his dealings and speculate when there is nothing to write about that cause the problems, not barrett...
5. he and thommo have not been good mates since the turn up to training drunk incident as barrett had to drive thommo home and they haven't been friends since, so when thommo causes sh*t at the club what do you expect barrett to do while he is in englnad on a Kangaroo tour?? what exactly could he do??

Sharkie™

Juniors
(3.LOL, drove rugby league into the ground LOL you idiot....)

yes, i hold that very highly (a players behaviour) and when a player acts up and gives RL a bad name i dont like them again. and i aint bias, i do it will all players, im not a big fan of hutch anymore after what he did to jacob selmes.

as for the milking of penalities what he did against the sharks in the semi was the worse milking i have ever seen. it was such a blaintant act and he would have beaten a soccer player easy with those acting skills.

Latest posts