What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Barry Berrigan

simon says

First Grade
I credit this feller as being the main reason the Broncos are going so well this year.He is a gun.Makes yards out oif dummy half.Createss space for his runners by drawing defenders to him from dummy half.Makes big hits in defense.And he is a try poacher to boot.

The Broncos have been lacking in this area for years,but thay have got themselves a top shelf hooker.

And while Im at it,I reckon he should be their origin rake.I know Smith is good,but this bloke is the form hooker atm(behind Buderus)and has a good combo with who will be the SOO front row(Webcke and Civonoceva).

As you can see,Im very impressed with young B.Berrigan.ANd his brother is going pretty good too.

incredible_holc

Juniors
yeh i liked the look of him and he looks as though he is the last remaining real hooker. It was great to see him actually try and rake the ball back in the scrum. Something we havnt seen for many a year.

Biglance

Bench
Barry is a great player for his size especially quick out of dummy half and wears his heart on his sleeve in defence but not quite like thomo

Iafeta

Referee
Played exceptionally well. The Broncos certainly are worthy of more recognition, I personally wrote them off after seeing the team named for round 1. Berrigan's (Shaun) move to centre is an outstanding selection, Barry I thought of more of a part time journeyman, he's certainly shown the goods. There's a lot to like about their performances.

rugged

Juniors
It's a pity to be returned to top footy it had to be through someone his brother knew! (Wayne Bennett)

Makes you wonder how many unknowns would come through given the chance.

Dale.2.

Juniors
simon says said:
I credit this feller as being the main reason the Broncos are going so well this year.He is a gun.Makes yards out oif dummy half.Createss space for his runners by drawing defenders to him from dummy half.Makes big hits in defense.And he is a try poacher to boot.

The Broncos have been lacking in this area for years,but thay have got themselves a top shelf hooker.

And while Im at it,I reckon he should be their origin rake.I know Smith is good,but this bloke is the form hooker atm(behind Buderus)and has a good combo with who will be the SOO front row(Webcke and Civonoceva).

As you can see,Im very impressed with young B.Berrigan.ANd his brother is going pretty good too.

He's going good but i still think Cameron Smith has a class edge on him.

Smiths kicking game out of dummy half gives him the edge.

Mick Ryan is another gun hooker Brisbane has at it's disposal,i'll back Ryan to get the number 9 before the year is out.

P.S. It's not that i dont rate Barry but imo these other two are out of the box ;-)

miccle

Bench
We've got definite depth in the rake department up here. Mick Ryan is dominating for the Clydesdales in the QRL - winning their player of the match nearly every game thus far in season 2004. We also have Matt Ballin who is an extremely talented young rake - and imo all three (Bazza, Mick Ryan and Ballin) would go pretty good guns in the NRL. Bazza is carving atm... I'm loving it. We've really missed that contribution since Priddis left us!!

Latest posts