What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ESPN 30 for 30

edabomb

First Grade
It's on tonight.

Anybody watch "One night in Vegas" that was good too. I wasn't aware 'Pac and Iron Mike were that close.

Yea that was pretty good, could have done without those rapping poetry interludes though, they were just funny.

I thought they were making them out to be a lot closer than they were until they showed Mike running to Tupac straight after his previous fight.

Sleep

Juniors
The one on just recently "The Best That Never Was" was great. Incredible story. One of the most naturally gifted athletes ever who was just under way too much pressure and mislead by some people he trusted.

Every single college in the US was after him. The most recruited athlete of all time and he only played a little over a season of college ball and barely two years in the pros.

It's such a waste but at least he seems at peace with it.

yeah that one was awesome. they are good every week. the only ones i got disinterested with were the AI one and the Holmes/Ali one.

The AI was mad boring. A couple of the American football ones were good, Straight Outta LA and The Pony Express.

Not ESPN 30 for 30 but has anyone watched The Real Rucker Park Legends and know where I can get it? I can't find it anywhere.

shiznit

Coach
Straight Outta LA & The Pony Express ones were probably my favorites...

The LA one because im a Raiders fan and its interesting to see that phase of the franchise again. i still cant stand Al Davis... f**ken old bastard is killing the franchise.

The Pony Express... what a great doco... they had it covered from all angles... in and outside of MSU.

Ridders

Coach
Straight Outta LA & The Pony Express ones were probably my favorites...

The LA one because im a Raiders fan and its interesting to see that phase of the franchise again. i still cant stand Al Davis... f**ken old bastard is killing the franchise.

The Pony Express... what a great doco... they had it covered from all angles... in and outside of MSU.

Yeah I saw that one recently. Very well done.

willvillain

Juniors
yeah that one was awesome. they are good every week. the only ones i got disinterested with were the AI one and the Holmes/Ali one.

I really liked the Ali/Holmes one. Agree that AI was a major disappointment. Thought it could have been fantastic, but was treated really, really badly and end up just drag....ging.....on......

Favs have been Vlade/Drazen and Without Bias. Just tragic stories.

"Silly little game" that was good and interesting to see how many hours and how much work went in to primitive fantasy sports compared to now. I feel pretty sorry for them not being able to cash in on it.

It was good. There's a part where after Magic returns in 92 he gets a small cut on his arm and the doctor is fixing him up and you can see everyone just looking at them so the doctor doesn't use rubber gloves to show everyone that there is nothing wrong. Karl Malone still thinks there is nothing wrong with what he said though but I guess people didn't really know about it but to publicly say it about a friend was cold.

Magic is a strong man. To come back and play again when nobody wanted to be near him - it's hard to imagine what that would be like.

The 30 for 30 series has been really good.

Sleep

Juniors
The Announcement was amazing. So sad though. I saw another ESPN Film called Herschel not too long ago as well that was awesome. He is one of the biggest freaks of nature I've ever seen.

DB

First Grade
NBA TV did a doco called 'The Dream Team', about the 92 Olympics team. Pretty good.

royce10

Juniors
NBA TV did a doco called 'The Dream Team', about the 92 Olympics team. Pretty good.

Watched it last week and it was good to have the players involved tell the story. Gotta say though, I have more respect for Barkley now.

HowHigh

Coach
Sorry if there was another thread on this, couldn't see it on the main page.

Anyone got some suggestions for good basketball documentaries?

Recently watched the Reggie Miller vs Knicks one and the Allen Iverson Trial one and enjoyed them. Looking for some more!

90s onwards preferably for players/times I've actually watched but any good ones are fine.

Ridders

Coach
Done.

Just going off the ones I've seen, the Vlade/Drazen 30 for 30 was great.

The MJ baseball one was also worth a watch.

Edit: The Vlade/Drazen one was called "Once Brothers"

Latest posts