What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bathurst 2011

Jason Maher

Immortal
The motorsport sub-forum seems to be about the deadest on this site (except for maybe the AFL sub-forum), so I wonder if I'll get any replies?

First off, a bitch about 7's coverage. The have 3 f**ken digital channels, and all they could come up with is a measley 3 hours today for pre-race day coverage. I don't know why they can't show the Friday qualifying session that decides who gets in the shoot-out. And in the past, the Saturday telecast has been much longer.

As for the race itself, my first priority is always any Holden to win. Hopefully Whincup gets a high finish to protect his Championship lead. Ford have won the last 3 and 6 of the last 8 titles. Hopefully stealing their best drivers will finally pay off. :p

Rocket

Juniors
It is really sad that I am excited about the HD broadcast of the race. Sure it is great to have more motorsport on HD, but why not do it for all the telecast. I'm sure we can live without repeats of poor quality 70s and 80s TV shows for a few hours. Suppose it is more than Nein gave rugby league for the whole year.

P.S. Go the Fords!!!

veggiepatch1959

First Grade
Eight hours of cars running around a circuit located next to a totally feral town (Bathurst) isn't my style of entertainment.

The more rain the better! Crash 'em...smash 'em...burn 'em.

Let the octane ostriches drool over the heat fatigue coefficient of the alloys used in the valves of their respective Fords or Holdens.

:crazy:

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
its about the only time f the year I watch car races, just want to see Holden win

For some reason I prefer bikes, I watch Casey stoner every chance I get

Parra

Referee
Touring cars are made for endurance races.

Bathurst is one of the great classic motor races and is one of the great tracks.

Big arvo tomorrow - Bathurst, Wallabies & Japanese F1 GP. Awesome.

Nth-Qld-Raider

Juniors
After last years BS by 7, thank god the race is on live and in HD this year.

I must say I hate Steven Richards more and more each year, this f-ing tool always goes backwards at the start and fks up Frosty's race before he gets in the car.

Jason Maher

Immortal
Fantastic finish by Lowndes and Tander. I thought Lowndesy was going to get him, but some fantastic defensive driving by Tander got the job done.

snoozer

Bench
great finish to the race.good to see holden 123.

my personal fave is greg murphy.nice to see him on the podium.

Latest posts