What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Battle of Brisbane - Won

mark123

Juniors
Club record/brisbane record/qld record/nrl record crowd.... on a night up against AFL, again LIVE TV coverage, AND a very rainy day, AND threatening skies at night....

and we

kicked their a$$

Someone go and tell demitriou that his game is still far behind. Heck, even their gold coast bid fails to light a fire, in the papers, amongst people....

the battle of brisbane has been won, and we continue to fight the war.

NthKnight

mark123 said:
Club record/brisbane record/qld record/nrl record crowd.... on a night up against AFL, again LIVE TV coverage, AND a very rainy day, AND threatening skies at night....

? over this being accurate but the rest is great. AFL has a long way to go in QLD

Dogs Of War

Coach
The Lions aren't going anywhere. All we can do is make sure that the Grassroots in the game are looked after, or else you will have a problem in the future.

gurudave

Juniors
Stupid thread. I follow both sports but the Broncos game was an obvious first choice to watch. I can't really see any reason why it was a "war won" by the rugby league? Of course the Broncos game was going to attract a bigger crowd and it always will. The only sh*t game that league should be compared to is rugby union.

butchmcdick

Post Whore
I think AFL would be happy with 96 000 in a non traditional market.

How do the storm, our current title holders rate against the AFL in victoria ?

butchmcdick said:

:lol: :lol:

96,000 on FTA for a "national" sport.

deary me

Captian_Klutz

Juniors
butchmcdick said:
And how many ex Victorians live there?

butchmcdick said:
Stupid question as they are never given a chance.

THe GF rated through the roof though.

El Diablo

Post Whore
Lockyer4President! said:
lol at the AFL ratings. Couldn't even get 100,000 for the biggest game of the season.

a repeat of Mean Girls got 121,000 though and easily beat their biggest game :lol:

Nightward

Juniors
Yeah, but if your choice was between Mean Girls and AFL, which would you watch?

Then again, how could you tell which one you were watching?

El Diablo

Post Whore
Nightward said:
Yeah, but if your choice was between Mean Girls and AFL, which would you watch?

Then again, how could you tell which one you were watching?

one has mean girls and the other just has girls

Paullyboy

Coach
Why are we celebrating? They got 33,000 fans more than they deserve through the gate and 90 odd thousand piss-poor excuses for human beings watching on telly.

Lockyer4President!

First Grade
Paullyboy said:
Why are we celebrating? They got 33,000 fans more than they deserve through the gate and 90 odd thousand piss-poor excuses for human beings watching on telly.
What I want to know is how the f**k did they organise such a massive breakout? The QLD correctional facilities have some serious explaining to do.

lotti

Bench
the battle of Brisbane is a joke, come on Collingwood is hated in the AFL and Brisbane unlike Melbourne is a NRL town.