What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bazball During Origin

King-Gutho94

Coach
Ill take a leaf out of @TheParraboy playbook after the Mayday thread.

After last nights win what can be achieved during the origin period.

I don't think we will make finals we are too far back but with the squad we have fully fit how much damage can we make during this stretch.

I would say after seeing last night we should be winning 4 from these 5 games with 2 byes in between during this period.

Our defence is still a concern but just mentally we look like a team with Moses back that can outscore most sides on there day.

Round 14 - Bulldogs on King's Birthday Monday - No Kikau
Round 15 - Roosters Home
Round 16 - Bye
Round 17 - Newcastle away - No Ponga
Round 18 - Souths Home
Round 19 - Titans Away - Before Origin 3
Round 20 - Bye

TheParraboy

Staff member
Love to win 4 of those 5, but we could easily lose all 5

Got a good break now to prepare vs Dogs, then a short turn around v chooks

I hope we dont pick our next coach for a good few weeks, liking what Barrett has done

If we go strength to strength, id consider tabling him a 2 year deal tbh..

Round 15 - Roosters Home
Round 16 - Bye
Round 18 - Souths Home
Round 20 - Bye
R14 - Win
R15 - probable Loss
R17 - possible... but a close Loss imo
R18 - Win (revenge)
R19 - Win

But 3 from 5 is a decent enough rate compared to what we would have been dishing out with BA and Lussick still involved.

Gazzamatta

Coach
Anybody see the half time Eels shed? Most sitting all paying attention except possibly Talagi.
Last 2 years halftime consisted of coach talking to Gutho and Moses and the rest wandering around like Browns cows.
Its the little things Im enjoying. Lots of little things can add up.

Anybody see the half time Eels shed? Most sitting all paying attention except possibly Talagi.
Last 2 years halftime consisted of coach talking to Gutho and Moses and the rest wandering around like Browns cows.
Its the little things Im enjoying. Lots of little things can add up.
It's probably because BA had nothing to say at half time - no reflections, no observations, no wisdom, no adjustments, no changes of tactics...

Which fits in totally with Pou's "the coach is never to blame" philosophy he tried to promote in her during the end game of Arthur's reign.

Mickyd39

Juniors
We have a four day turn around between the dogs and roosters game.
I can see us struggling against the roosters due to the short turn around.
We'll be in the game up to half time.

King-Gutho94

Coach
We have a four day turn around between the dogs and roosters game.
I can see us struggling against the roosters due to the short turn around.
We'll be in the game up to half time.
Our recent record against the chooks isnt flash its on par with souths.

I think there edges will tear us to shreds personally.

Holbrook always had the Titans expose us on the edge when we came up against him. I reckon he will have robbo do a similar plan.

We did beat the Roosters at Commbank off a 5 day turnaround in the exact same weekend 2 years ago on the Saturday night after getting humiliated by the Dogs on the PH Monday in June in 2022.

So i dont think that will be a major issue.

Bandwagon

Staff member
Ill take a leaf out of @TheParraboy playbook after the Mayday thread.

After last nights win what can be achieved during the origin period.

I don't think we will make finals we are too far back but with the squad we have fully fit how much damage can we make during this stretch.

I would say after seeing last night we should be winning 4 from these 5 games with 2 byes in between during this period.

Our defence is still a concern but just mentally we look like a team with Moses back that can outscore most sides on there day.

Round 15 - Roosters Home
Round 16 - Bye
Round 18 - Souths Home
Round 20 - Bye

It might seem a little early for it, but in terms of making the finals the games against the Dogs and Knights are four point games!

The Titans and Roosters games could also be four point games, but not yet locked in I reckon

T-Boon

Coach
Whats this got to do with Bazball? Wasnt that the English cricket cavalier approach to batting? Bazball in league would be chip kicks from inside your own quarter etc and hot potato ball (sort of like what we had going on in 09).

T-Boon

Coach
Um Trent Barrett’s nickname is Baz. He is our coach so Bazball
I see.
I wasn’t aware Barrett’s nickname is Baz I suppose. Although I probably did. I was more hoping this thread was about something like cricket bazball probably.
HP ball is what we need to do for the rest of 24.