What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be Manly, Be a Bulldog. Dogs bait Sea Eagles

Loudstrat

Coach
Not ramming it down their throats. Also I don't believe in being super slim, I am not super slim (I am 160 cm and weight 60kg, that's not super slim, yes I have a high amount of fat free mass for a female, but that's because women keep getting fatter.) I believe in being healthy.

My problem is the way fat players like Rose and Riddell before him are lumped in the character catogory.

They have a problem, an indavidual constraint that will do more to hinder their performance than anything and they're being glorified like they're good for the game.

I wouldn't recommend a training and eating program like mine to other, it's what works for me based on my goals, what I do reccomend is showing some f**king discipline to improve your quality of life. Kids learn a lot of their habits from their environment, if they see people who have successes they want they will pick up traits from them. They should be associating being an athlete with being healthy.
You are pathetic. What you re basically saying is that if you are overweight, you are worthless. You are denying the reasons someone may be plump (medical issues perhaps - ever seen anyone on Quarterzone?). Encouraging healthy eating with exercise is a fantastic goal - and I am glad that you do that. However, those that dont achieve that, are they failures?

I know of young girls who have the ability to model - who think they are fat and dont eat. That's the downside of your stance. FFS George Rose is probably fitter than you - he's playing first grade isnt he! And the end result of him setting up a match winning try is you bagging his weight.

Healthy living = great. Bagging people who dont have a particular body shape = pure evil. Your attitude is part of the reason thousands of young girls fall into depression and self harm.

Look at this pic and think about it!

anorexia.jpg

Garts

Bench
Not ramming it down their throats. Also I don't believe in being super slim, I am not super slim (I am 160 cm and weight 60kg, that's not super slim, yes I have a high amount of fat free mass for a female, but that's because women keep getting fatter.) I believe in being healthy.

My problem is the way fat players like Rose and Riddell before him are lumped in the character catogory.

They have a problem, an indavidual constraint that will do more to hinder their performance than anything and they're being glorified like they're good for the game.

I wouldn't recommend a training and eating program like mine to other, it's what works for me based on my goals, what I do reccomend is showing some f**king discipline to improve your quality of life. Kids learn a lot of their habits from their environment, if they see people who have successes they want they will pick up traits from them. They should be associating being an athlete with being healthy.

I have seen many comments by yourself in regards to peoples diets etc. So yes you do try and ram your views on what people should eat down their throats. You believe in being healthy, good for you. And yes you are doing some sort of health degree as I have seen you post on this numerous freaking times when telling everyone how healthy you are. I agree with being healthy but at the end of the day people can eat what they f**king want.

Cliffhanger

Coach
You are pathetic. What you re basically saying is that if you are overweight, you are worthless. You are denying the reasons someone may be plump (medical issues perhaps - ever seen anyone on Quarterzone?). Encouraging healthy eating with exercise is a fantastic goal - and I am glad that you do that. However, those that dont achieve that, are they failures?

I know of young girls who have the ability to model - who think they are fat and dont eat. That's the downside of your stance. FFS George Rose is probably fitter than you - he's playing first grade isnt he! And the end result of him setting up a match winning try is you bagging his weight.

Healthy living = great. Bagging people who dont have a particular body shape = pure evil. Your attitude is part of the reason thousands of young girls fall into depression and self harm.

Look at this pic and think about it!
I am not bagging him out for his body shape, I am not bagging him out, I am saying he should lose some body fat because it's very clearly he has a high amount of it. It doesn't make him a complete failure, it just means he's putting himself at a higher risk of a lot of health problems down the line.

Nowhere did I say fat people are worthless, I am saying fat people should do something about their condition.

Also, do you really think I've never heard of annorexia before? You're a grumpy old fool, who doesn't seem to understand what the issue is here.

Cliffhanger

Coach
I have seen many comments by yourself in regards to peoples diets etc. So yes you do try and ram your views on what people should eat down their throats. You believe in being healthy, good for you. And yes you are doing some sort of health degree as I have seen you post on this numerous freaking times when telling everyone how healthy you are. I agree with being healthy but at the end of the day people can eat what they f**king want.
Of course they can eat whatever they want, doesn't mean society should encourage them to do so, doesn't mean we should act like people with weight problems shouldn't do anything about it.

You might find it annoying or frustrating when I try and promote healthy eating, but I know of no medium that is currently doing an adequate job promoting it.

As long as society is being fed misinformation about how they should be eating be eating and as long as their is misleading info all over our television screens, throughout our super market and practically everywhere we look, then I will fight for this cause, I don't give a f**k if it annoys people, because if it just makes on person think twice about reaching for that second Mars bar then I can hack being unliked and overbearing.

Doga

Juniors
I am not bagging him out for his body shape, I am not bagging him out, I am saying he should lose some body fat because it's very clearly he has a high amount of it. It doesn't make him a complete failure, it just means he's putting himself at a higher risk of a lot of health problems down the line.

Nowhere did I say fat people are worthless, I am saying fat people should do something about their condition.

Also, do you really think I've never heard of annorexia before? You're a grumpy old fool, who doesn't seem to understand what the issue is here.

Can't argue with that lol

Garts

Bench
Of course they can eat whatever they want, doesn't mean society should encourage them to do so, doesn't mean we should act like people with weight problems shouldn't do anything about it.

You might find it annoying or frustrating when I try and promote healthy eating, but I know of no medium that is currently doing an adequate job promoting it.

As long as society is being fed misinformation about how they should be eating be eating and as long as their is misleading info all over our television screens, throughout our super market and practically everywhere we look, then I will fight for this cause, I don't give a f**k if it annoys people, because if it just makes on person think twice about reaching for that second Mars bar then I can hack being unliked and overbearing.

You harping on about it on a league forum will sure have such a impact on your mission. Are you one of those people who has a sign on their car that says no fatties?

All this talk of chocolate has made me want a mars bar now. I might have one and wash it down with a beer. Should I feel bad?

Cliffhanger

Coach
No, guilt is a dangerous cycle, if you eat chocolate bar and feel guilty about it, you are more likely to eat another one out of guilt.

Loudstrat

Coach

You are an idiot. The bloke is playing first grade - think about the fitness levels involved in that. He obviously has the aerobic capacity, the strength and muscle tone to cope.

Do you think the club might be aware of it?

Your whole argument is based about Rose losing weight because of the role model issue. It has nothing to do with his health, which clearly you are in no position to comment on. I'd also wager that any health problems he will have in the future will probably be just as likely from playing football that being overweight. Yet you arent worried about the health impacts of playing first grade RL - the knee and hip replacements, the arthritis, the ankle problems etc. All you care is whether he is fat or not.

Of course, what you say is true about kids health. Obesity is a major health problem in this country. Trouble is, depression is greater. Some people will never fit into a size 10 skirt. Your attitude is to label them as failures.

George Rose aint a failure.

Cliffhanger

Coach
Being anorexic is worse than being fat, but I am not saying every girl should be a size 8, size 12 is still healthy and depending on your body type size 14 can be. Stop trying to claim I am encouraging anorexia.

Fact is the far majority of people can have a healthy body composition and eating right and exercising helps your mood.

You don't know whether or not he gets special training considerations or not. He certainly doesn't play for 80 minutes.

firechild

First Grade
Very few props ever play 80 minutes. He did average almost 50 minutes last season. You have to be pretty fit to play rugby league at the top level (keeping in mind he was averaging over 100m with the ball) so he would be far fitter than the average person.

Perhaps George will encourage more overweight kids to take up sport, surely that can't be a bad thing?

Garts

Bench
Very few props ever play 80 minutes. He did average almost 50 minutes last season. You have to be pretty fit to play rugby league at the top level (keeping in mind he was averaging over 100m with the ball) so he would be far fitter than the average person.

Perhaps George will encourage more overweight kids to take up sport, surely that can't be a bad thing?

No they will all be lining up for chocolate bars now, spending every last cent they have on junk food so they can be like George.

Grapple

First Grade
The thing is, it simply doesn't send a single message to the kids watching league that it's ok to be fat. No kid is watching the league thinking they can get away with sneaking in another donut, now they've watched George Rose get a run for Manly.

Kids don't rationalize like that, adults do and adults also control their diet for the most part... so many flaws with this argument....Seriously some of the dumbest shit i've read here.

ceagle

Bench
Quick ban sumo wrestling, and all props in rugby and half of the players in the NFL. Someone please think of the children

Cliffhanger

Coach
The thing is, it simply doesn't send a single message to the kids watching league that it's ok to be fat. No kid is watching the league thinking they can get away with sneaking in another donut, now they've watched George Rose get a run for Manly.

Kids don't rationalize like that, adults do and adults also control their diet for the most part... so many flaws with this argument....Seriously some of the dumbest shit i've read here.

As someone who used to be a fat kid I can tell you, it's not in the parents control.

I am not saying it's a straight forward message, but kids mimic behaviours of the people they want to be like. It's not a conscious rationalisation.

Cliffhanger

Coach
Quick ban sumo wrestling, and all props in rugby and half of the players in the NFL. Someone please think of the children
Fat players shouldn't be banned from playing the game they should just be sent to dietitians or something.

Also I would welcome the banning of Sumo-Wrestling, f**k Japanese the aspect of Japanese culture which values that.

Cliffhanger

Coach
No they will all be lining up for chocolate bars now, spending every last cent they have on junk food so they can be like George.

All you fatty sympathisers are missing my point. I am not suggesting every kid will be impacted, not even saying a lot will. I am saying some is it will confuse some.

Grapple

First Grade
As someone who used to be a fat kid I can tell you, it's not in the parents control.

I am not saying it's a straight forward message, but kids mimic behaviours of the people they want to be like. It's not a conscious rationalisation.

Of course it is. If a parent can't control a kids diet, or amount of exercise, then they don't deserve to be a parent. Pretty simple really.

Kids want to be play like George Rose, they don't want to look like George Rose. :lol: