What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be wary of the Warriors

CC_Roosters

First Grade
Not surprsing to me, i tipped them for premiers afterall. Better a slow start and peak as the season progresses, sides like the broncos and storm will come unstuck as the season goes on.

Watch the Tigers and Warriors rocket up the ladder to top 4 now

I do feel they have a major weakness in Vatuvei. He drops the ball far to much especially carrying the ball out of the warriors zone, too inconsistent and not a premiership player. They need to drop him IMO

I think the storm have got them covered this year . We've got Ryles to add some forward muscle in the middle and an array of attacking options to go around them. That said we have to be switched on

Chainshada

Juniors
Warriors out-played the Broncos, the injury to Yow-Yeh isn't enough to justify their performance, considering it was Beale that screwed up over and over, not Copley. We were still in it, but Wallace's injury screwed us, I think they were caught with the ball on the 5th 3 times in the second half(who in their right mind decides to run the ball on the 5th 60m out from the try-line against a set defense?), they just had no clue on how to finish a set. Hunt seems to do fine when given time to prepare, but is too inexperienced to switch to the halves mid-game.

tangalife

Juniors
I do feel they have a major weakness in Vatuvei. He drops the ball far to much especially carrying the ball out of the warriors zone, too inconsistent and not a premiership player. They need to drop him IMO

lol did you see his last two NRL games? Shit even throw the test match in there.

Just one error last night, none against the storm. Huge carries, damaging runs, lots of metres.

Before the test I would agree with you but he has been phenominal in his last 3 outings

Warriors still have some defensive issues, like they did last year. But when there attack gets going, watch out. Can trade punches with any team in the comp.

Grapple

Bench
I think the storm have got them covered this year . We've got Ryles to add some forward muscle in the middle and an array of attacking options to go around them. That said we have to be switched on

Mate, the Warriors forward pack steam rolled you guys. There was no comparison, it was just unlucky for Warriors fans that Inu played.

WayneBennett

Juniors
Warriors got a fair rub of the green last night. Lots of 50 50 calls went their way, but they were a better and more intense side and really stood up. Remains to be seen if they can play like that consitently. If they do , theyll give it a fair shake

Evenflow

Bench
It remains to be seen if a under the cap melb side can make the GF.

This thread is about the Warriors not the Storm but if you want to go there, that would apply to every team in the comp wouldn't it?..........

blain

Juniors
I thought the ref was more Broncos leaning if anything, couple tries could easily have been no tries, especially the Reed one.. Wasnt a great games by the refs all round.

Yeah its just the consistency thing, we need to string a couple wins together. Taken a while for the guys under Bluey to gel. If we can beat the Roosters next week, we'll be on track. A bit of confidence would do us a world of good.

Snappy

Coach
Warriors out-played the Broncos, the injury to Yow-Yeh isn't enough to justify their performance, considering it was Beale that screwed up over and over, not Copley. We were still in it, but Wallace's injury screwed us, I think they were caught with the ball on the 5th 3 times in the second half(who in their right mind decides to run the ball on the 5th 60m out from the try-line against a set defense?), they just had no clue on how to finish a set. Hunt seems to do fine when given time to prepare, but is too inexperienced to switch to the halves mid-game.

Injuries are no excuse for the Broncos loss last night.

However you come across as Broncos fan, but not a very clever one. Yow Yeh plays on the right wing, and Beale used to play on the left. After Yow Yeh's injury Beale moved to the right side cause Copley is better on the left.

The Warriors pet play is kicking to Manu's wing, so they prob wernt actually targeting Beale, moreso kicking for Manu.

hitman82

Bench
Friend playing 75 minutes with a broken jaw, his "split right down the gum" was inspirational. I doubt we could have won without him. Sadly, Friend is now out for 6 weeks.

Snappy

Coach
Friend playing 75 minutes with a broken jaw, his "split right down the gum" was inspirational. I doubt we could have won without him. Sadly, Friend is now out for 6 weeks.

You could see the blood in his mouth most of the game. I was wondering why he didnt get sent to the blood bin.

Very courageous effort. Ya get that from Queenslanders :)

no name

Coach
Went toe-toe with Storm last week, despite errors.
Defeated Brisbane this week.

Oooooooooooh.....

So you are saying beware of the Warriors, but the Storm are better?
Why did you start this thread?