What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Beau Scott is useless

no1dragon

Juniors
Does anyone agree that Beau Scott is useless? He drops the ball about 5 times a game! He stuffs up so many scoring chances. Get rid of him! Why does Brown even put him on. He's costing us games!!

The Sharks got rid of him because he did the same thing. Why did the dragons buy him? Did the sharks pay us to get rid of him??

SIR LANCELOT

Juniors
GIVE HIM A BREAK MATE.HE WILL GET BETTER.HE MAY ONLY DROP THE BALL 4 TIMES IN THE NEXT GAME. HE IS A TRIER,ONLY PROBLEM IS HE IS NOT SCORING THEM.

CHHERS LANCE

Ribs

Bench
He's the only forward that knows how to run at holes at the moment but his hands have been a problem. Besides that strip on the line by O'Donnell, which was pathetic on the video ref's part.

Potsie

Juniors
The guy is a trier, but he is too much of a liability. He has the worst hands since Phil Tuffnell

Bring back choc

Juniors
The guy is a trier, but he is too much of a liability. He has the worst hands since Phil Tuffnell

I agree 100%...

it's a hard one, because they guy does have a great hard running game, but GEES...hos hands are terrible. If he could catch he'd easily be our best forward. He was one of our best last year so perhaps the fact he has had 2 shockers in a row has dramatised things. There's no doubt though that he and Josh Morris cost us 2 wins. I stand by that. Them and them alone. We'd be looking much better now if they could catch.

dragonfire

Bench
he was our best forward last year imo,
how quickly we forget!

true that, the guy along with Creagh were the guys who always put in and at this point he is the only forward who seems to be trying to hit the holes out on the fringes and a defensive workhorse

Special K

Coach
By far the most frustrating player in the NRL. Gee it was a happy day when he left the sharks.

It is truly amazing how many times he drops the ball and has done for years yet never leaves the NRL. You would think after 3 seasons he would have improved but it looks like he is getting worse because he is thinking to much about it! I saw once on the weekend he dropped the ball because he went to hold it in two hands before getting up and it popped out.

God-King Dean

Immortal
I think people are a bit trigger happy.

Before the last 2 rounds, everyone was saying how good he's been, & how he's been one of our most consistent.

Scapegoat time.

Beau Scott has shown more heart and more effort of any forward/2nd rower over the last 20 games. Ryles and Poore have been at this club for years. They should have a read into scott's "body on the line" tactics and we might actually start to look like a team who wants to play at all costs.

I would much prefer to have a hit-up runner dropping the ball a couple of times over a hit up player who skips up to the advantage line and takes a dive each and every time..

BTW: I think that you may be slightly bending the "dropping the ball at 4 crutial times" tag just a little.

drake

First Grade
Dude goes hard everytime, although he's starting to give me that Brent Kite feeling in my chest.
Good old 'feet for hands'

LOYAL DRAGON

First Grade
i like th gu, hes our best forward and the only one hitting the holes, he may be tying too hard, he will be ok

Dragons_Head

Juniors
I agree 100%...

it's a hard one, because they guy does have a great hard running game, but GEES...hos hands are terrible. If he could catch he'd easily be our best forward. He was one of our best last year so perhaps the fact he has had 2 shockers in a row has dramatised things. There's no doubt though that he and Josh Morris cost us 2 wins. I stand by that. Them and them alone. We'd be looking much better now if they could catch.

u cannot blame the losses on just those two players. the team in a whole is playing to inconsistent. it just happens to be at the wrong times that him and morris are making the errors
there are other things like gaz not passing when there is a try on offer, jason ryles hanging on to the opponents for years and then throwing offloads that aren't needed. dont forget the refs havent been the greatest either but we are not playing well. beau scott is not useless he has had a couple of bad games so get off his back, gaz hasnt had the greatest start either i dont hear you complaining about his season

Mong

Post Whore
Beau Scott has shown more heart and more effort of any forward/2nd rower over the last 20 games. Ryles and Poore have been at this club for years. They should have a read into scott's "body on the line" tactics and we might actually start to look like a team who wants to play at all costs.

I would much prefer to have a hit-up runner dropping the ball a couple of times over a hit up player who skips up to the advantage line and takes a dive each and every time..

BTW: I think that you may be slightly bending the "dropping the ball at 4 crutial times" tag just a little.

Not only does he drop the ball at cruical times and to many times but he is a major offender for giving away penalties. Ryles copped plenty for that penalty in injury time against the scummers but it was Scott who once again gave away a penalty while they were in their own half which saw them score in the corner right at the end.. He does that over and over.

He should be joining Morris this weekend instead of having the chance to f*ck things up for us once again.

Slippery Morris

First Grade
Browny must have a love affair happening with Beau Scott. How can he justify not dropping him after 2 pathetic performances. Is he watching a different game to everyone else? Beau will come good one day but at the moment he can't get any worse............or can he?

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Don't be so hard on Scott. Or for that matter, any player who is out of form

There was a time when coaches would send players back to the reserve grade / second grade to sort out their handling issues. Its a tried and true method which has served clubs well for the last 100 years.

For some unfathomable reason we don't have that option this year.

Latest posts