What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Flanno's New Signings

matPORTS

Juniors
Getting new players just that much better than some that we have will improve us and Flanno can make sure of that. No use going overboard and paying outrageous money on a player like Stefano when I don't think he would be good value. Maybe Bellamy can do it but even he can do something magical to an average player and keep the costs down.

I'd say that the only club that will get value for money out of Stefano would be the Storm. They can carry the salary cap burden while Bellamy brings in some juniors to cover the outside backs on lower wages.

No other club would be able to carry the burden and not suffer for it. Even Penrith, who might somehow be able to negotiate a slightly cheaper deal, would be silly to take up a significant chunk of their cap on a front rower (even though they are looking for a JFH replacement).

We don't have the same luxury as the Storm - at least not at the moment. If we can get our junior outside backs firing over the next three years, and if say for example the Couchmans prove to be solid regular first graders, then maybe we might be able to go and spend a $1m each on an elite prop + an elite back rower. But all of this remains a big IF.

Dragon David

First Grade
Always remember when a decent player moves to another club its usually for a lot more that is reported.
The Bulldogs have bought like 2 dozen players over the past 3 years. Clearly their Mr fixit Mr Laundy has assisted in many of these transactions. NRL integrity should be all over this like a rash!
Haven't they just signed the Roosters second rower Sitili Tupouniua on a 3 year deal? It really amazes me just how the Dogs manage to get signings one after the other and if they are courting Stefano, then some cheating must be going on unless they are intending to get rid of half a dozen of their "below" average players.