What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Beetroot

chileman

Coach
No cricket on ABC so they are talking about beetroot at the moment and they reckon we eat more beetroot than any country in the world. So are you a beetroot lover, do you love it on your hamburgers or just as an extra salad on the plate?
I personally love beetroot anyway, especially with finely chopped up onion and whole egg mayo on top, but it's great in hamburgers too!

The Colonel

Immortal
Buy fresh beetroot and slice it up into chunks after giving it a good scrub and cutting off the leaves and any excess roots. Make up an "envelope" from some tin foil and place the beetroot chunks in the foil with some rosemary, olive oil and a good slurp of balsamic vinegar. Seal the "envelope" and place in the oven for about an hour on medium heat (180 degrees).

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
a thread by chilidude about food

how odd

(and yes I do like it)

Alba

Coach
i hate beetroot and HATE asking for none and they still give it to u .. because if u have it on a burger and u get home and realise theres beetroot and then take it off the taste is still there and it makes the roll soggy .. YUCK!

Feez_Giggles

Bench
Alba said:
i hate beetroot and HATE asking for none and they still give it to u .. because if u have it on a burger and u get home and realise theres beetroot and then take it off the taste is still there and it makes the roll soggy .. YUCK!

exactly!!! soggy purple bread is NASTY

chileman said:
No cricket on ABC so they are talking about beetroot at the moment and they reckon we eat more beetroot than any country in the world. So are you a beetroot lover, do you love it on your hamburgers or just as an extra salad on the plate?
I personally love beetroot anyway, especially with finely chopped up onion and whole egg mayo on top, but it's great in hamburgers too!

Absolutely love it on Hamburgers can make the burger, but on a plate of salad to messy....

How good is that egg mayo? I love it!