What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bellamy says what everyone else (except John Lang) is thinking

BranVan3000

Coach
I'd put him at 5/8th, but fullback is good. He looked far more dangerous in the ruck than on the edges on Friday

My alternate team:

Get rid of Wesser bring in Mansour
Get rid of Talanoa bring in Morgan
Move Sutton to Lock
Move Inglis to 5/8th
Junior Vai Vai to centre
????
Profit

Alternatively:

Move Inglis to fullback
Move Talanoa to Lock
Vai Vai to center
Mansour/Morgan to wing

BranVan3000

Coach
Every position is determined by weight...

You don't see any 90kg props running around. Or any 105 kg halfbacks. They have to the correct size to succeed in those positions. And Inglis at this current stage is far too big, and thus less mobile and slow off the mark, to be a fullback.
Inglis is slow? Not mobile? Where are you people coming up with this garbage?:lol:

Canard

Immortal
Every position is determined by weight...

You don't see any 90kg props running around. Or any 105 kg halfbacks. They have to the correct size to succeed in those positions. And Inglis at this current stage is far too big, and thus less mobile and slow off the mark, to be a fullback.

Its not defined by weight as such. If your good enough your good enough, weight be damned.

If Inglis was 150kg and mobile he could play fullback.

I reckon a fit Inglis (95kg or so) is one of the most mobile powerful players Ive seen.

At the moment he could do with losing the equivalent of Bunniesman's IQ in weight.

cupid

Juniors
I dont know, Inglis still looks too heavy to playing fullback now, if he could get back to the shape he was in 2008, it would be a good idea.

Eels Dude

Coach
Inglis is slow? Not mobile? Where are you people coming up with this garbage?:lol:

I never said he was slow in general. He's great and quick once he breaks into an open stride, but he lacks in acceleration off the mark which is an essential requirement of a fullback, and he lacks the ability to change directions quickly from a stand still situation, for example turning around to chase a grubber quick. This due to his large frame. There's a reason why fullbacks are generally no more than 95kgs Mr garbage man.

Eels Dude

Coach
Its not defined by weight as such. If your good enough your good enough, weight be damned.

I reckon a fit Inglis (95kg or so) is one of the most mobile powerful players Ive seen.

At the moment he could do with losing the equivalent of Bunniesman's IQ in weight.

I don't think he's unfit as people are making out. He's heavy, but that's because his body has filled out properly over the last few year, he's not a 19 year old anymore when he first played fullback.

He has the talent too, but due to his size he will be found out if he plays fullback as other teams will exploit him. But if Souths want to do that I don't mind because it justs gifts 2 points to other teams.

Dazzat

First Grade
Wesser is Lang's premiership winning fullback from Penrith. Can't see him changing the line-up.

Wesser is rocks and diamonds these days. He still has good pace, but if he has a bad game, it's very bad.

nqcowboy87

Bench

i thin sione faumina played halfback at like 105 kg and dustin cooper played fullback at the knights and he was a second rower, but agreed you do need to be a certain body type for certain positions like fullback and the halves

KiamaSaint

Coach

Man, you are way off the mark. Inglis needs to lose more than 2 kilos.

Wesser has what it takes to still play first grade. The trouble is he shows us once a year. Reminds me of another South Sydney fullback at the end of his career - David Peachy. You knew what he was capable of but you were pretty confident you weren't going to see it.

S.S.T.I.D

Bench
Ultimately it should be up to our coach to plan for the future, and as our coach has no future we are stuck in an awkward spot. We've got two really good fullbacks in our system in James Roberts and Ty Phillips so the logic in re-signing Wesser was probably insofar as keeping the seat warm for one of those two in 12 months time. Whatever the case may be you can be cure of one thing, John Lang won't move Wesser from fullback, which fans of other teams should be fairly happy about.

This might sound stupid but I reckon inglis strengthens his defence and gets shifted one day to lock and plays a Steve Menzies style role.

Hooch

Juniors
Inglis doesn't have the motor for fullback. Maybe next year if he stays fit, drops some of his fat and actually wants to play there.

The 18th Man

Juniors
I am not going to argue with Bellamy. Of all in the game he would be the best judge. Inglis in limited time at fullback at NRL level has always looked superb. The extra room he'd have would be a nightmare for opposing teams if he still has that speed pre-injury. Lang would be crazy not to at the very least have a look at it. With two inconsistent young halves, getting Inglis the ball like he did in Melbourne is a concern. The main problem I am guessing is his depth in the centre position.

The 18th Man

Juniors
This might sound stupid but I reckon inglis strengthens his defence and gets shifted one day to lock and plays a Steve Menzies style role.

Doesn't sound stupid at all if anything it might be inevitable given the sheer size of the man. I can see him being everybit as damaging running wide ala Sonny-Bill Williams was (on a side note, KILLING IT with the Crusaders!), Ben Kennedy etc.

Stagger Lee

Bench
Greg Inglis best position would be in the titans team .... Presto getting a bit old and rogers gone, but the dickhead loser would rather chase a few $$$ at LOL souths rather than be the best player he can be.

bomberman

Juniors
Gi could lose the weight easy.. you been watching th biggest loser, some of those big boys are dropping 6-7 kg's a week.

Latest posts