What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bellamy stops short of dive accusation

swoop

Juniors
The Colonel said:
He shouldn't have needed to milk the penalty if Archer had have done his job...... or did you miss the swinging arm to his head too?

Lots of high tackles like that have been missed. Yes it should have been a penalty but they way Hayne was laying on the ground with him arms spade out as if he was unconcious is not in the spirit of the game. Apparently he winked at the Storm players after he got the penalty, if this is caught on camera then the NRL should action.

fish eel

Immortal
swoop said:
Apparently he winked at the Storm players after he got the penalty, if this is caught on camera then the NRL should action.

Why?

Don't let the whinging by the storm players cover up the fact he WAS hit high.

Utey

Coach
LOL they're gonna start charging blokes for winking? When some nuffy forward cheap shots a bloke half his size?

swoop said:
Lots of high tackles like that have been missed. Yes it should have been a penalty but they way Hayne was laying on the ground with him arms spade out as if he was unconcious is not in the spirit of the game. Apparently he winked at the Storm players after he got the penalty, if this is caught on camera then the NRL should action.

kite winked at his teammate after FFMM flattened him last year. are you questioning his integrity?

I'll be the first to admit I am probably bias, because I watch Parra games with my heart and not my head.

But if the officials miss something that you feel you have been unfairly slighted in, bring it to their attention.

If Hayne, got up and said "He hit me high sir", Archer would have said "I saw nothing".

The way the rules are at the moment, if he did stay down (and all these whingers carrying on, I would like to see how they reacted to being clobbered in the face like that) - it was the only way he could ensure justice was done in that something that should have been penalised was penalised.

cyberdj

Juniors
KaboobieGarfunkelShazam said:
The way the rules are at the moment, if he did stay down (and all these whingers carrying on, I would like to see how they reacted to being clobbered in the face like that) - it was the only way he could ensure justice was done in that something that should have been penalised was penalised...

isn't it dependant on the tv broadcaster showing a replay or did the Video Ref ask for a replay of the tackle?

If the former option is the way it works, and the producer/director of that game was a Melbourne Storm diehard supporter, he could say don't show the replay. No replay gets shown and no penalty gets awarded (it would of already been given had the ref and touchies done their jobs properly).

Having an involvement in kickboxing for a number of years there are clear indicators of someone who has taken a heavy knock and Hayne didn't show any signs of rubbery legs, glazed eyes etc. You get trained to look for them and go all out whilst their minds are cloudy. Didn't see any of those indicators from Hayne, and makes it look dubious to me.

Stagger eel

Staff member
cyberdj said:
isn't it dependant on the tv broadcaster showing a replay or did the Video Ref ask for a replay of the tackle?

If the former option is the way it works, and the producer/director of that game was a Melbourne Storm diehard supporter, he could say don't show the replay. No replay gets shown and no penalty gets awarded (it would of already been given had the ref and touchies done their jobs properly).

Having an involvement in kickboxing for a number of years there are clear indicators of someone who has taken a heavy knock and Hayne didn't show any signs of rubbery legs, glazed eyes etc. You get trained to look for them and go all out whilst their minds are cloudy. Didn't see any of those indicators from Hayne, and makes it look dubious to me.

at the end of the day it was high and Archer should of called it straight away...there's only so much help News Limited can give to their little glory boys before they make it painfully obvious..;-)

Ice777

Bench
Utey said:
LOL they're gonna start charging blokes for winking? When some nuffy forward cheap shots a bloke half his size?

Hayne height: 188cm Weight: 98kg
Smith height: 184cm Weight: 100kg

2kg more than Hayne 4cm shorter so hardly half his size. Anyway i agree it was a bit high hence he was cited and with a clean sheet he got off. But even though it was high IMO i don't think the contact was that severe that it would've caused Hayne to stay down unintentionally. So again IMO, he dived.

byrne_rovelli_fan82

First Grade
The fact Hayne's been accused of this once before (against Brisbane) is probably why opposition will pick on him for it. The penalty should have been given for the inital contact, but anything other would have depended on the player being injured. If it was serious then it warrented being put on report. The fact he seemed to be running around like normal so quickly after...well that leaves alot to be desired.

He may have 'acted it' some might say, but he hasn't quite filled the skills of the Sharks players yet ;)
For his own sakes, I hope he doesn't.

The Colonel

Immortal
Ice777 said:
Anyway i agree it was a bit high hence he was cited

A bit high?

A bit high is maybe around the throat under the chin....... as opposed to across the face where Smith hit him. But hey it was a good tough game - just ask Brett White. ;-)

So again IMO, he dived.

Thanks Doctor Ice..... do you make housecalls?

Stagger eel

Staff member
Ice777 said:
Hayne height: 188cm Weight: 98kg
Smith height: 184cm Weight: 100kg

2kg more than Hayne 4cm shorter so hardly half his size. Anyway i agree it was a bit high hence he was cited and with a clean sheet he got off. But even though it was high IMO i don't think the contact was that severe that it would've caused Hayne to stay down unintentionally. So again IMO, he dived.

if you want to take that angle than that's fine...but I I'll return serve by saying will never deserve to win a premiership while News Limited vitually fund the game own the storm...well done for the victory on sunday night in advance. :roll:

strider

Post Whore
TBH I think Craig Smith must have taken a dive in the 1999 Grand Final .... I mean that was only a fairy tap surely

;-)

Stagger eel

Staff member
strider said:
TBH I think Craig Smith must have taken a dive in the 1999 Grand Final .... I mean that was only a fairy tap surely

;-)

no..as a News limited employee you're exempt of such behaviour.

V1er

Juniors
Was it me or whenever ben cross got tackled he always wriggled around like a fish and kept looking at the ref for a penalty? Oh thats right storm would never milk a penalty.

scarcev

Juniors
Yea he was hit high but yea he stayed down like a dog til he got the penalty I cant cop that. Taking a dive is one thing I dont want to see in the game.

As for the wrestling, I hate that too but the reality is that every club has a wrestling coach and wrestling in itself is not illegal.

All this News Ltd stuff is boring as well, get over it. Just face it you were beat by a better side on the day, played your asses off and just come up short no more no less.

Latest posts