What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bellamy to retire after current contract

natheel

Coach
as opposed to Sticky and Kearney?

What people don't realise is the amount of analysis, video reviews he does to spot out small faults.

because Haynetrain said those 2 were good coaches right? haha Bellamey has had a great record no doubt but a lot of it will be questioned for a very long time due to the salary cap rotting by Melbourne

i mean 4 years of his career have effectively been rubbed out of the record books due to the cap scandal

Last edited:

some11

Referee
Names in the database have already lasted longer than his premierships did...

15eagxl.jpg

Parra

Referee
Personally hes too Conservative for my liking but the the fact is Bellamy will be remembered for being a good coach long after you Merkin's names are deleted from the lu database.

But keep fighting the good fight.

Cheating Noa. The whole club is remembered for cheating. Can't remove that stain.

BuffaloRules

Coach
And he did it at an unusually consistent rate.If most those players where horses,they would have been promptly swabbed.

One day,when one of the staffing members or players fall on hard times,I'll be waiting for the tell-all book.

It WILL be a best seller.:clap:

Nice allegation.

POPEYE

Coach
oh hell...and here I thought they became the big three some time after Bellamy became coach :eek:

Being the big three already at 17-18yrs old is amazing! One for the history books or Guinness book of records - or maybe Ripley's...

Don't bother wasting your time with the facts, this thread will attract every f**kwit and his dog . . . pull up a chair

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Jack Gibson couldn't coach NSW to an Origin win either.

Don't think it tarnished his legacy much.
:lol: Really???? After debuting a bunch of young blokes in 89 Gibson won the 90 series. You could say he helped set up the Blues dominance of the 90's.

Comparing this cheating whinging prick to Gibson is embarrassing. Big Jack never taught his players to injure the opposition either.

mave

Coach
Bellamy may be a fantastic coach, but he is still coaching an illegally assembled team.

Simple as that.

betcats

Referee
If he is so good at making these average blokes better why did he cheat so much to keep the really talented guys in the team? And is it really a big suprise that if you put average players in a team with Smith, Cronk and Slater, a team that has been very very good for a while, they will play better? Think of the extra space guys like smith and slater create out there for the ploddders like Norrie.
He is a great coach when he has two or three(or more during the cheat years) of the best players in the game running around for him.

Last edited:

Surrogate

Juniors
Why do people keep accusing him of cheating? He's the coach not the financial controller.
It's pretty pathetic.

Bellamy's a coward. He knows he can't cut it without his 3 lil amigos so he's giving up instead of testing himself a la Bennett.

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
Why do people keep accusing him of cheating? He's the coach not the financial controller.
It's pretty pathetic.

Bless you and your sweet naivety.

However, nor do I think he's a coward. The bloke has a family in Sydney he hardly gets to see, who are we to criticise him stepping away? Given those big three were big no ones when they came to Melbourne, why wouldn't he back himself to do it all again.

Amazing how one man can conjure up so many differing emotions. I believe him to be a great coach and man-manager, who's desire to win got him caught up in a salary cop rort led and perpetrated by Wally. But that's just my opinion.

lockyno1

Post Whore
It's pretty pathetic.

Buck stops with the head coach and CEO. Don't give me the rubbish that he 'didn't know'....he knew. He just didn't want others to know. Players talk, and if someone is getting a few extra 100K's....the head coach will know!