What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ben Barba

Pro Dragons

Juniors
Would you sign him?

Extract from Telegragh article.

Could the NRL allow a return for exiled former Dally M winner Ben Barba?
THE NRL is willing to extend Ben Barba a last chance lifeline — as long as he can prove he’s a changed man.

Based in the UK Super League with St Helens, the former Sharks premiership-winning fullback undeniably pricked the ears of NRL clubs with his comments in the wake of a stunning man-of-the-match performance last weekend.

The 28-year-old, who was suspended for 12-matches and subsequently released by Cronulla after testing positive to cocaine for a second time in November 2016, declared his dream was to return to the NRL.

“If the NRL allows me to, I’d love to come back,” Barba told NRL.com after scoring two tries and setting up several others for St Helens.

rasaint

Juniors
A quick comment that Ben Barba is one of the most talented and game breaking players I have seen in the last decade. Lost form for a few years at broncos and then early sharks then boom hit form and he was a major reason for Sharks title. Yes I understand the personal issues have caused big problems in his life but iplaying and n form a silky fabulous player

If Matt Dufty can prove the equivalent then we are on a huge winner.

giboz71

First Grade
I’d pass on Barba given his rap sheet plus the hope that Dufty can be a similar player.

But reflect on the fact that the year the Sharks won the comp, he had 15 tries, 18 try assists and 18 line breaks.

That’s par for a fullback that leads his team to a comp and the sort of numbers we have only dreamed about with our past fullbacks.

Hopefully Dufty can deliver.

Gareth67

First Grade
The dildo does coke for Lords knows how long , receives a 12 week suspension and then goes to the old dart plays x amount of games and declares that he would be just tickled pink if the NRL would see their way clear to throw him a lifeline.

Well if that doesn't beat all ! Why don't they just bring back the whole bluudy lot of the NRL's village idiots and send them to be auction off to the lowest bidder . Because in my eyes these gents had it all - fame , wealth and a future where a very secured retirement was there for the taking .

They have forfeited any right to earn more massive amounts of dollars , should these characters ever be allowed back into the game they should be restricted in their earning capacity, quite simply on the lowest tier of payment .

Latest posts