What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ben Galea

Collateral

Coach
There's a rumour that Ben Galea has signed with the Dragons for 1yr because of Withers going there....

Personally I think its crap because he re-signed and looks happy at the Tigers?

yappy

Bench
might have been released?

With Sattler, and Graham signed and Heigho in the squad, not to mention young'uns like Liam pressing later in the year that a lotta locks. I was thinking he might move to hooker,but then they re-sign Hollywood :roll: :roll: He's too small for back row and not really good enough for 5/8, where the club has bought up anyhow.

I'm not saying they have done - but it's not beyond all possibility when you look at the squad.

Collateral

Coach
Thanks for being a voice of reason yappy :!:

If he has signed with us (which I still think is unlikley)....what would we be gaining from signig him? Is he a really good player?

yappy

Bench
has been known to be a very good player, but also has dissappointed many of his fans in 2003. Seems to get a few injuries to, so would fit right in at the Dragons.

Keep an eye on Olzard mate. the Maggies are spewing we couldn't keep him.

Collateral

Coach
yappy said:
has been known to be a very good player, but also has dissappointed many of his fans in 2003. Seems to get a few injuries to, so would fit right in at the Dragons.

Yeah I knew he was a bit injury prone, the reason we had to expand WIN stadium was to keep all the injured players in the Grandstand.

I've had a high opinion of Olzard when I saw him play against Saints for Souths in 2002....he was one of the only try scorers for Souths in that game.
Since then I have heard he has been playing pretty well in PL for Wests.

Unfortunantly I dont think he will get much of a go with Blacklock, Creagh, Youngquest, Niaqama and Asatosi to compete with for a wing spot.

westie

Bench
RedDragon said:
yappy said:

Yeah I knew he was a bit injury prone, the reason we had to expand WIN stadium was to keep all the injured players in the Grandstand.

I've had a high opinion of Olzard when I saw him play against Saints for Souths in 2002....he was one of the only try scorers for Souths in that game.
Since then I have heard he has been playing pretty well in PL for Wests.

Unfortunantly I dont think he will get much of a go with Blacklock, Creagh, Youngquest, Niaqama and Asatosi to compete with for a wing spot.

He's not quick enough for the wing. Put him in the centers. Put Galea in a good team and he will fire.

tigershaz

Juniors
If he goes anywhere, it will be into retirement!

Once a player gets his type of shoulder injuries it seems to be the end of their career! (Russell Wyer) do you remember him yappy? same sort of problem, went to parra and was never heard from again!

yappy

Bench
yes Shaz still remember Rus. I was only talking about him last week with Waydey. He's a local Real Estate agent, and I was saying to Rick how we need to try and get guys like him from the 90's who are involved in the local business community back to our games and hopefully involved with the club (especially as sponsors). That tough little Nugget Micky Brabek is another Magpie in the Real Estate game in town as is Chris Stephandellis. We need to suss them out.

On Galea though, 1 I doubt he's going anywhere, but 2 if he was it wouldn't be into retirement. Footy pays way too good and he'd still be able to command a tasty deal. Just look at some of the money the Rabbits are throwing away. No he'd try and battle on no doubt. I hope they sling him the 9 at the Tigers in 2004. Re-signing Senter was such a backwards move.

Magpie Nick

Juniors
Olzard originally played in the second row for us until we lost our centre and he moved to wing when Kenny McGuinness came back.

Snide the Tiger

Juniors
Yeah - Bobby Lindner had a clue!!!!

Glassie starts as a centre and Olzard a back-rower!!!

PS - all true Balmain fans have just two memories of Lindner - both BAD!!!

One being his selection to replace Junior on the 86 tour after being ruled out due to a slight stumble during the fitness test at Redfern Oval - and the other when Block's one-punch knockout of him in Origin led to him responding with the worst girly-whinge ever seen by a player during the history of our great game!!!

westie

Bench
Snide the Tiger said:
Yeah - Bobby Lindner had a clue!!!!

Glassie starts as a centre and Olzard a back-rower!!!

PS - all true Balmain fans have just two memories of Lindner - both BAD!!!

One being his selection to replace Junior on the 86 tour after being ruled out due to a slight stumble during the fitness test at Redfern Oval - and the other when Block's one-punch knockout of him in Origin led to him responding with the worst girly-whinge ever seen by a player during the history of our great game!!!

You dont think he deserved to whinge?

Snide the Tiger

Juniors
No - it was Origin and the incident should have stayed on the field!!!

It was the f**king most pitiful cry-baby sh*t I have experienced in my time watching the game!!

F**k Lindner - one of the game's first true mercenaries!!

Latest posts