What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ben Geen

Vicious

Bench
I recently read that the Broncos have signed a young halfback by the name of Ben Green. I`m just wondering if anyone can confirm or deny whether or not this is the same Ben Green that starred in the Sharks `2005 Flegg side???

No loss, the broncos are becoming a insescoutous club hope i spelt it right, he got run there as Paul Green's cousin, Paul is kicking coach, and bennetts son in law ikin is assistant coach, Broncos are light of other days, Bennett is now on written contract the handshake agreement is gone

Nuffs

Bench
in the jersey flegg semi last year, i actually gave green a 0 out of 10

no loss at all imo

samshark

Juniors
Saw him play once and from what I also heard he seemed quite promising.
Guess you probably saw him more than me.

So another half bites the dust in the name of Kimorley.
The list now reads:
Campbell
Friman
Burns
Porter
Aitken
Green
Dykes poss.

Talk about all your eggs in one basket.
I hope Kimorley gets the job done in the next two years.

Porter was talking to the Roosters and in addition was floating with the idea of playing for the Central Qld comets next year. Last i heard of he hadnt committed to anything though.

ali

Bench
Why, why, why?

Who does this leave us with for reserve grade. Do we even have a backup halfback.

Noddy - Dykes - Kearney - To'o - Henry. Tony Caine was mainly coming off the bench for Flegg as a backup hooker this year, so I think his days as a half may be over. Our depth looks very skinny. The Kiwi halves are very young aren't they?

So we've lost Hall, Aitken, Green, and that other Flegg half who has gone to Saints.

NikkiShark

Juniors
ali said:
Why, why, why?

Who does this leave us with for reserve grade. Do we even have a backup halfback.

Noddy - Dykes - Kearney - To'o - Henry. Tony Caine was mainly coming off the bench for Flegg as a backup hooker this year, so I think his days as a half may be over. Our depth looks very skinny. The Kiwi halves are very young aren't they?

So we've lost Hall, Aitken, Green, and that other Flegg half who has gone to Saints.

Reece Blayney

All the players listed who have left bar Campbell who was reg first gradre have done nothing, so another goes, same result as rest will do nothing, you can also throw Mullane into the group

samshark said:
Saw him play once and from what I also heard he seemed quite promising.
Guess you probably saw him more than me.

So another half bites the dust in the name of Kimorley.
The list now reads:
Campbell
Friman
Burns
Porter
Aitken
Green
Dykes poss.

Talk about all your eggs in one basket.
I hope Kimorley gets the job done in the next two years.

Card Shark

Immortal
We have lost lots of players over the last few years in lots of positions who we all thought were going to be great players.
Not many of them have even made 1st grade bar made an impact with other clubs (exception Matt King) but what worries me is young players that we manage to keep don't make it either.

Where is our next ET or Peach?

It has been a long time between drinks for a Sharks bred superstar of the game - a long time!!

If we are to win a premiership, 2 or 3 need to step up. But when??

Quigs

Immortal
Frenzy. said:
Is he related to ex Shark Craig Borg?

Warning --- HERE WE GO AGAIN CAP'N FRENZ

He was related to our old hooker Ernest. He whore the No9 jersey for that long
that folklore had it that the nine was added to his surname.

His name became Ernest Borg Nine. and mate he could play.

Cheers
Quigs

sharkadelic

Juniors
I thought he was the Nephew of Simon "Sy" Borg, who was almost part machine in defence.....

(Boom, TISH) Try the waitress, tip the chicken. I am here all week

Frenzy.

Post Whore
Ryan Borg

locutus.jpg

ali

Bench
So we let Green and Aitken go, both 2002 Australian schoolboys, young enough to still fulfill their potnetial, and replace them with a couple of guys 2 years older in Kearney and Borg. Madness!

sharkadelic

Juniors
Kearney could not even get a start in Souths last disastrous 2 or 3 campaigns. That means 6 head coaches and numerous administrators are conspiring against him or he really sucks.

I hope between Lam and Simmons they can work some miracles...