What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ben Harris

Southern Warrio

Juniors
Big_Bad_Shark_Fan said:
We could have an NRL young guns vs an NRL oldies

1. Hunt
2. Stewart
3. Slater
4. Covell
5. Salkeld
6. Marshall
7. Tim Smith
8. Tupou
9. Farah
10. Hutch
11. Ben Creagh
12. Harrison
13. Sonny Bill

That young gun Hutch at what 28 :lol:

Surely Manu Vatuvei would make an outside back position.

scottyeel

Bench
Dogaholic said:
BULLDOGS RELEASE BEN HARRIS
The Mitsubishi Electric Bulldogs announced today Ben Harris will be leaving the Club this week due to family reasons.

Harris, a member of the Bulldogs top squad, was granted leave by the Club on compassionate grounds so he and his wife could be closer to her home country of Portugal. They will be moving to England and Harris has agreed to terms with the Bradford Bulls Rugby League Club.

Bulldogs CEO Malcolm Noad said, “Due to our current injury situation, our preference would have been for Ben to stay, but we understand his reasons and wish him well with his career at Bradford.”

Ben Harris said, “I want to thank Malcolm and coach Steve Folkes for understanding my personal circumstances. I owe a lot to the Bulldogs for what they’ve done for me over the past five years.”

Thanks for everything Ben, hopefully you come back to this great club.
Folkes didnt look to understanding on ch9 news. In fact he looked mighty pi$$es off. :lol:

ByRd

First Grade
Im pissed off to, he leaves when Tonga has just been injured & when we are missing many players through injury, surley he could of stayed the season. Thanks for your services harris but many are pissed at you, including myself.

Bullseye

Juniors
Sun_Down said:
:roll: Harris at Bradford, yet another Australian who will prevent a Danny McGuire coming through

What are you on about? McGuire is a stand off and plays for Leeds? How will Bradford signing an Australian centre affect him?

Anyway here's how the Harris signing was reported in the UK:

BULLS MOVE FOR BEN HARRIS
10th May 2005

Bradford Bulls have today announced the capture of Centre Ben Harris
from the NRL Club, Canterbury Bulldogs.

Harris, who is 21 years of age, has made 42 appearances for the Bulldogs
in the past two seasons and played in their Grand Final success last
season but missed the Carnegie World Club Challenge in February because
of minor surgery. He has signed a contract to remain at Odsal until the
end of the 2007 season.

Bulls Chairman Chris Caisley believes the signing of Harris will be
significant for the club:

“He is a tough, uncompromising high quality player who has come from a
very high quality environment at the Bulldogs. He broke into their side
when he was only 18 and made a major impact playing in 22 games in the
2003 season. He played in last season’s Grand Final and we are
delighted we have been able to capture a player of his quality at such a
young age. He is just the sort of player we are looking to recruit.”

Bulls Coach Brian Noble said today:

“I believe Ben will be sensational over here. We have worked very hard
to obtain Ben’s signing and I am looking forward to having him in the
squad for the rest of the season,”

Is he any good?

Sun_Down

Juniors
Bullseye said:
What are you on about? McGuire is a stand off and plays for Leeds? How will Bradford signing an Australian centre affect him?

A Danny McGuire, I used him as a symbol of talented youth who cannot crack into first grade because of old Australians filling up all the SL teams (yes Ben isnt old, but most over there are)...

Its nothing to do with Danny, just saying, Bradford may not discover a new Superfreak like McGuire because an Australian is sitting in their centres

Bullseye

Juniors
Sun_Down said:
Bullseye said:

A Danny McGuire, I used him as a symbol of talented youth who cannot crack into first grade because of old Australians filling up all the SL teams (yes Ben isnt old, but most over there are)...

Its nothing to do with Danny, just saying, Bradford may not discover a new Superfreak like McGuire because an Australian is sitting in their centres

Which Aussie is currently keeping McGuire out of the Leeds team? Er can't think of anyone myself. When McGuire is fit his place in the team is a cert.

Bradford currently have an ijury crisis and are playing a backrower and converted fullback/winger in the centre. Both are academy products but the team desperately need a quality player there.

Both Leeds and Bradford have excellent junior systems but they don't turn out players overnight.

girvie

Staff member
What Harris has done is incredibly poor. Sure, if the Bulldogs were top of the comp and had no injuries then it wouldnt have had much of an impact, but when the bulldogs are struggling and have half their team on the sideline this is when they need him. He should be looking out for his team mates and commiting to play the rest of the year, or at least until they have most of their players back from injury particularly Willie Tonga.

freeridermx

Juniors
Ben didnt quit the club and it didnt happen the way it is been told in the media . he was told he was not wanted any more by club officals and that he could look around . Then he found a new club bradford and got rid of his unit etc ready to move then the injuries hit and then they wanted him to stay but by then it was to late and steve folkes wasnt in the one of the ones that told him he could go he didnt know till it was to late that is why he was pissed off about that as he wasnt told ben had been told to look somewhere else.
so dont blame ben he was told they didnt want him then the injuries came and they wanted him to stay. they cant have it both ways .
anyways best of luck to you benny hope to see ya back someday

RainMan

Juniors
freeridermx said:
steve folkes wasnt in the one of the ones that told him he could go he didnt know till it was to late that is why he was pissed off about that as he wasnt told ben had been told to look somewhere else.

I find it hard to believe that Steve Folkes did not know that Ben harris had been asked to look elsewhere.

All I have to say is that she must be top shelf to move from Sydney to Bradford for!

Its a waste of a good young player. Bradford dont have the side that will allow him to develope as a player.

Tidus_Raider

Bench
The NRL has to stop losing these types of players to cashed up English clubs. Sure this on might of been on personal grounds but a Ben Harris in a Souths or Newcastle jersey is better then one playing overseas.

Sun_Down

Juniors
Bullseye said:
Which Aussie is currently keeping McGuire out of the Leeds team? Er can't think of anyone myself. When McGuire is fit his place in the team is a cert.

You dont get it..Just forget it hey

Bullseye

Juniors
The overseas quota is going to be 3 for ESL teams. That just includes Australians and New Zealanders who can't get an EU passport, haven't got a grandparent from the EU or been on a holiday to Europe ;)

Latest posts