What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ben HARRIS??

elusive winger

Juniors
I thought i heard through the year he had sigend with you guys again??Can someone confirm if he has signed pleaase or otherwise??
I keep hearing that he may be off to the northern beaches.

freeridermx

Juniors
no he signed last year for 3 yrs so he has re-signed . so he`ll will need to get a release if he wants out as he isnt of contract yet

Dog-E

Juniors
If we let him go - it'd be MADNESS!!!

We ain't south @&#($ sydney!!

FFS....whateer happened to the NRL player happy to sit back and EARN their place in 1st grade??...Now they just go crying off to Mummy at the first sign of lost form!! :roll:

I mean, this story is probably beat up out of all proportions by the 'Mole; and other such anonymous, yet HIGHLY creditable & respected journalistic HEAVYWEIGHTS like that!! :lol:

But still - HOW often do we see it these days!?!?...Having a bad day??...Coach dropped you for a game cos you knocked on 75 times in the first half??..NO matter - just go ask for a release & sign for someone else!!

I'm more concerned about Anasta going anyhow...as I do not believe he will re-sign after next season...ANOTHER reason not to give him the captaincy...but i dogress!!

BENNY BOY IS GOING NOWHERE!!!...I just dont think Folkesey is that weak or downright STUPID!!!

Moffo

Referee
Geez, im a bit concerned based on what has been said in some circles mate....

Dog-E

Juniors
WHY would we let him leave?? There is no reason whatsoever for us to.

My strong mail is we still have room under the salary cap to move next season - even with the arriving Armit's - bottom line is we dont NEED to let him go!!...What on Earth is in it for US to release Harris??

Everything I have heard - just does not add up to Ben Harris leaving!....I may be wrong but - I have not heard ONE shred of credible evidence to the contrary - in fact....quite the opposite!

Not a tragedy if he DID leave, as we have Cameron Phelps chomping @ the bit to get a crack in 1st grade - and he looks the biz in PL!....But still - youd REALLY hope you could hang onto a player - a DAMN GOOD player, just a bit down on his form & confidence - when youve got the fella under contract for the next 2 seasons FFS!...Somethings WRONG somewhere if we cant!! :?

Wobbygong

First Grade
Harris joining Manly would be a massive mistake careerwise, going from a very successful organisation to a pack of also rans.

He wouldn't be silly enough would he?

freeridermx

Juniors
i think benny got down on him self a bit with the injuries he has had and the drama at the start of the year alot of player copped it from the media and fans or so called fans abusing the players for no reason and i think it got to him and a lot of the players utai talked bout that and said he found it hard to play footy with that crap going on . bulldogs have big wraps on ben so dont think they will let him go . and remember he still isnt anywhere near full fitness once he gets back to fitness he`ll be right. he has looked alot more happier since he has ben back in firsts. and never had a off season last year with the injuries so been young got down about the injuries etc.

RB30DETT

Juniors
I think you will find there was a deal done with the Eels.

Wont go public till after the finals at the earliest.

Dogs Of War

Coach
Hmm, I like Ben Harris, but not so much of what I have seen of from him this year. Definately seems to have lost a bit of pace, possibly just needs an off season to regain it, but at the end of the day, I'd prefer to have players at the club who want to work hard to get their spot, rather than expect it, it seems Ben Harris falls into the latter. I'm sure the Dogs will find someone else to fill his boots if thats how he wants to be.

Anonymous

Juniors
Why would you want him anyway? Your team is awesome but Harris looks like he is playing in slow motion. It reminds me of the Warriors when we were good. It was all fun and games on the left hand side, but when the ball went right you may as well have changed the channel.

Dog-E

Juniors
Attack is not his job...Defence is.

What you say doesn't make much sense anyway...as there is tremendous balance in our threequarters!...Much as we had the brute strength of Willie Talau to compliment the unpredictable elusiveness of Vagana...could we now potantially have the same DEADLY mix with Tonga on one side - partnered by the powerful Utai - and the twinkle toes of El Masri...With Benny riding shotgun - on the other!...Run down the left - Utai will get ya - go down the right - Benny will get ya!...And we can go EITHER way in attack too!...Dunno abt you, but it sure sounds good to ME!!!!! :mrgreen:

Lolesi....i dunno - he's looked great at times...and deadset pedestrian at others - he sure hasn't convinced me he's a permanent Bulldogs first grader yet!...that 2nd centre spot is still very much up for grabs next season if Harris wants to buckle down of-season & for the rest of this one...and work for it!

And Lolesi/Phelps/Cutler will always be there if someone gets injured or loses the plot!

But yeah, as others have all but said - ONLY if Harris wants to fight for it!!...If he wants things just handed to him the easy way, Chris Walker style - well, he's not the player I thought he was, and he's certainly not the player for us then!!...Parramatta would suit him to a deadset T in that case!! :lol:

Magpie Nick

Juniors
Ben Harris lacks the attacking game for Centre for mine. Move him to the base at the scrum and I think you'll see the best out of him. He has good speed for a Lock aswell as being able to attack a little, he isn't small so he could hit a hole successfully. Defence wouldn't be an issue with him playing Lock either.

Dog-E

Juniors
Thing is he's got FAR more chance of bagging his spot with us in the centres...He's got almost buckley's of forcing his way into our killer backrow before at least Grimaldi retires...and Grimmers signed on for another year recently!

Dog-E

Juniors
Lolesi has definitely had his good & bad moments...there are several games he's played u wouldn't even known the bloke was on the field!...much the same that could be said of his replacement - Harris.

He's done some good things, and looked top-drawer at times - but he's still got work to do on his game - Lolesi does not deserve to have his 1st grade position set in stone for him yet IMO!...Not even close!

JK

I thought Lolesi was almost best on field for a number of games - always there, always involved. I don't recall too many quiet games.

I am almost convinced I want him called into the team this week.

Dog-E

Juniors
Harris has been that quiet...I'm NOT saying don't put Lolesi back in the team....IF IF IF he's fully fit!!

What we DON'T need though - is him RUUUUSHED back into the side, as if he's terry lamb personified - which he's not.....He is a good player, but he is not integral to our plans - at all - and if he's not fully MATCH fit...I can't see that anything he's done so far this year - entitles him to just walk back into first grade, soon as he can just walk around on 2 legs!??

I DO NOT want him back, if he's not 100% MATCH fit - if he's going to potentially get caught out fitness wise, against an atheletic Penrith side at ANY stage, then he's no use to us whatsoever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :?

And Lolesi has most assuredly had his quiet games!! DEFINITELY!...Maybe the ball didn't go out his way, but that's no real excuse - Because it was when he was playing out on the wing when he'd go MIA quite regularly - And just look at El Masri - if he's not getting the ball, then he comes off his wing LOOKING for work - taking a ton of hitups out of dummy half, to relieve his forwardsand so on...Lolesi simply does not do that!! :cry:

Maybe in the centres he'd be more keen to go looking for work, if things aren't going out his way...Because THAT'S what I want to see my outside backs doing!! :D

Anonymous

Juniors
What you say doesn't make much sense anyway...as there is tremendous balance in our threequarters!...Much as we had the brute strength of Willie Talau to compliment the unpredictable elusiveness of Vagana...could we now potantially have the same DEADLY mix with Tonga on one side - partnered by the powerful Utai - and the twinkle toes of El Masri...With Benny riding shotgun - on the other!...Run down the left - Utai will get ya - go down the right - Benny will get ya!...And we can go EITHER way in attack too!...Dunno abt you, but it sure sounds good to ME!!!!!

Well you can see it that way.... to me it looks like you have an attacking genius and an unstoppable bulldozer on your left, and a pedestrian plodder paired with a non-event midget on your right....

Rise Against

Thierry Henry said:
What you say doesn't make much sense anyway...as there is tremendous balance in our threequarters!...Much as we had the brute strength of Willie Talau to compliment the unpredictable elusiveness of Vagana...could we now potantially have the same DEADLY mix with Tonga on one side - partnered by the powerful Utai - and the twinkle toes of El Masri...With Benny riding shotgun - on the other!...Run down the left - Utai will get ya - go down the right - Benny will get ya!...And we can go EITHER way in attack too!...Dunno abt you, but it sure sounds good to ME!!!!!

Well you can see it that way.... to me it looks like you have an attacking genius and an unstoppable bulldozer on your left, and a pedestrian plodder paired with a non-event midget on your right....

TH is right

we have one side of attack and Harris is just pathetic. Speed of a grandmother going backwards up a hill on a hot summers day

Dog-E

Juniors
Meh.

Even when Lolesi plays on that side...see how little ball he gets!!

It's just the way things go - most of our attack is directed towards Tonga & Utai's side - Well...if u had those 2 in your side as well - wouldn't YOU!?? :lol:

LAST year Harris was killing it, absolutely KILLING it!!....And if he could produce THAT kind of form week in & week out - we would not even NEED Lolesi!

Since when has mere pace alone been a prerequisite to be a successful centre-threequarter anyway?? Was Mal Meninga quick? Was Gene Miles quick? Was Mark McGaw quick? Is Matt Gidley quick? No.

Besides - Good footballers do NOT turn bad overnight...And Harris is a quite clearly a footballer...as distinct to merely just a good ATHLETE - of which there are far too many of in the game these days...But harris is a bit different - his footy instincts - as he displayed last year - are absolutely fantastic! Lolesi runs OK...but when on song - Harris actually plays football!

there IS a difference Thierry - even if you are unable to see it!...

And all I will say further is: Some Dogs fans seem to have VERY short memories....!