What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Las Vegas Thread

taste2taste

Juniors

The visionary support we have had from FOX in the US and Australia for this venture has been truly remarkable,” V’landys said.

“Together we share the bold ambition for what is possible for rugby league in the US and across the world.
Huge coupe for the NRL, it should ensure we get more than 60k viewers this time lol.

To put it in perspective, the recent T20 cricket world cup hosted by the USA couldn't get a TV deal, even the mighty All Blacks played in San Diego last week and couldn't get thier game shown on TV

kurt faulk

Coach

What didn't make sense at the beginning makes all the sense in the world now once the full details are out.

If they can get that dick Brady involved it's a great get. Pay him to tweet out some flattering comments about the game and actually call it rugby league and many eyes will see it.

The visionary support we have had from FOX in the US and Australia for this venture has been truly remarkable,” V’landys said.

“Together we share the bold ambition for what is possible for rugby league in the US and across the world.

At long last Jordy Rapz is about to become a household name.

Nuke

Staff member
Not meaning to be overly disrespectful to either club, but am I the only one a tad disappointed that possibly the biggest ever TV audience for a Rugby League game, the showpiece game that we're using to market our game to the american sporting public in a massive way, is going to be played between the Warriors and freakin' Canberra?
I suspect the thinking behind it is that Canberra is Australia's capital city, thus more known than a suburb within Sydney. And New Zealand is an entire country, thus also more recognisable to the american audience.

I'd suggest a matchup of two ball-playing teams, relatively evenly matched, representing places the american people are likely to have heard of would be Sydney and Brisbane ... however they were in Vegas this year, so they're out.