What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ben Hornby - Assistant/Head Coach ?

Dragons4lyf95

Juniors
ben hornby as a assistant coach or head coach within the next 1 – 3 years ! he would teach the players how to train properly as he is the one who trains hard day in and day out and gives his heart and sole for the dragon ! so what does everyone think ?

hermidale1

Juniors
I doubt it would happen with the first grade at this stage.
He's too close to the team. However wouldn't surprise me to see him involved with the 20's , then later make the transition to NRL.

Fire

First Grade
Maybe Mathews or S.G. in 2014. Pretty sure he'll just want to spend time and relax with his family in 2013.

saint06

Juniors
I think he'll take a break away from the game for a year or two.

Then i believe he should return and help out with the juniors (ie U/20s or even U/16s). He would be an awesome figure to have around the young kids - the last captain to lead the team to premiership etc, his experience would be invaluable to the young play makers coming through, as well as fulbacks. He could teach them how to train, fitness etc etc, then slowly make his way through the ranks to the first grade coaching staff - as the young guys he coached make their way into the top grade.

Mr Red

First Grade
a great clubman - keep him involved in the club as a media spokesperson or a wendall sailor type ambassador role...
i am not sold on the idea of him becoming a coach - i dont think he has the "footy smarts" to be successfull..
at the very most give him a junior team to start with and see how he develops...

hermidale1

Juniors
As a halfback/Fullback/Captain , I do feel that Ben Hornby has the footy smarts to coach. He's played the more games for this club than anyone, so in all of that time he has had several coaches. Some of the best, some OK, but plenty to choose from and observe. I agree, give him time to develop as a coach and maybe with the 20's or SG Ball as an assistant role firstly. None of us really know what sort of coach he'll be but he has all the attributes to do well. A hard worker, with a great attitude, and quietly goes about his job.

Blood Shot Eyes

First Grade
I think he'll take a break away from the game for a year or two.

Then i believe he should return and help out with the juniors (ie U/20s or even U/16s). He would be an awesome figure to have around the young kids - the last captain to lead the team to premiership etc, his experience would be invaluable to the young play makers coming through, as well as fulbacks. He could teach them how to train, fitness etc etc, then slowly make his way through the ranks to the first grade coaching staff - as the young guys he coached make their way into the top grade.

Sounds a good idea to me. i think the current Broncos coach followed that path.

gypsy

Bench
i am not sold on the idea of him becoming a coach - i dont think he has the "footy smarts" to be successfull..
at the very most give him a junior team to start with and see how he develops...
you are an absolute dribbler :cool:
what qualifies you to say that? :lol: :lol:

Mr Red

First Grade
you are an absolute dribbler :cool:
what qualifies you to say that? :lol: :lol:
its called having an opinion mate..
and in my opinion the best move for Hornby is if he wants to go into coaching start small with a junior team and see how he develops..

i think we know who the dribbler is :roll: