What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ben Hunt requests release from the Drags

Fangs

Coach
If you are rebuilding with seemingly your long term halves at the club.

Not sure a 33 year old fits those plans, Give cap space too

I don't think they need a re-build.

They have plenty of talent at the club. Just need to kick out a few bums with shitty attitudes. They should be challenging for the 8 next year.

Losing Hunt would be a disaster.

Iamback

Coach
I don't think they need a re-build.

They have plenty of talent at the club. Just need to kick out a few bums with shitty attitudes. They should be challenging for the 8 next year.

Losing Hunt would be a disaster.

I don't think it is needed either.

Sullivan/Amone are the halves long term though.

You could get an older head to go with that and an edge forward for the $800k Hunt is on

That is the one area they are wanting

blue bags

First Grade
Yes they can

flanghan is on 700k and he will go to the dragons to link up with his dad even if it’s 500k
Flanno junior played hooker . Scored 4 tries last week.
Dragons stand at the moment. No release will be given

This Year?

Immortal
giphy.webp

Fangs

Coach
I don't think it is needed either.

Sullivan/Amone are the halves long term though.

You could get an older head to go with that and an edge forward for the $800k Hunt is on

That is the one area they are wanting

They will be bottom four in 2024 if he gets released. I don't see a player on the market of his quality who can replace him.

Those two are the future but not immediate. Flanno will be doing hail marys right now.

Apey

Staff member
Memba when someone reported it as a rumour made up by the NSW camp?

Iamback

Coach
They will be bottom four in 2024 if he gets released. I don't see a player on the market of his quality who can replace him.

Those two are the future but not immediate. Flanno will be doing hail marys right now.

Is anyone putting them much higher with Hunt?

It is for 2025 on that is the benefit

SBD82

Coach
The bloke is deluded if he thinks he’s a great halfback. The great halfbacks in the game make everyone else around them look good.

In the past 5 years, Hunt has only achieved that at 9.

Valheru

Coach

If I'm flanno I just let him go. These things never end well when a player is denied a release.

If anything it makes the clean out easier and gives him more time to turn things around IMO.

Fangs

Coach
If I'm flanno I just let him go. These things never end well when a player is denied a release.

If anything it makes the clean out easier and gives him more time to turn things around IMO.

There isn't much point keeping a player who doesn't want to be there. Luke Brooks is a great example of that.

However in this case I'd try to work with him because he is too valuable to lose. Definitely if nothing changes over the next fortnight he should be released but not without trying.

blue bags

First Grade
Flanno junior has played hooker for last 4 weeks
Today play's halfback NRL Bulldogs v shark's
Has scored 5 tries last 2 weeks
He trying to impress someone maybe ?