What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ben Hunt

I rate the kid but my mate who's a Bronco's fan hates him and reckons that he's too one dimensional... then again my mate says the same about Cooper Cronk. Yeah f**k it, I'd take him pending his form this season

Well there is no doubt our priority is to find a quality half for 2013. I don't now much about this kid, but if I was Dousty, I'd have my scouts keeping a close eye on him and if he looks the goods, pounce before someone else does.

He'll then become a superstar for us in his first season and then bung on the 'homesick' act only to be released back to the Broncos where he will probably live happily ever after.:roll:

SilentAssassin

Juniors
No thanks.

If you need to buy a new half back then he it needs he needs to be an established name halfback.

Such as? Cronk,DCE,Thurston are all no chance of coming to the Dragons so does that mean we shouldn't look at anyone else?

To my knowledge the Dragons don't have any young halfbacks coming through that will be ready for first grade for when Hornby retires. Hunt would be worth looking at.

centralsaint

Juniors
Worth a look and a central Qld boy to boot.We need more Qlders to add some passion. The Fullerton-Smiths, Coyne's and Bartrim added alot to the saints.

watatank

Coach
If he's happy to be a depth player then sure. I get the feeling he is holding out for something more though!

SilentAssassin

Juniors
If he's happy to be a depth player then sure. I get the feeling he is holding out for something more though!

Who's going to play halfback when Hornby retires? Have we got a better prospect then Hunt? I'm just curious.

Hope they don't plan on having a Soward/Stanley halves combination. Unless Soward works on leading the team around. Certainly isn't one of his strengths.

possm

Coach
1. Stanley
6. Soward
7. Hornby
9. King

During the trial games swap the spine around and see how they go. King and Stanley's prefernce is in the halves.

Goodwin is a good replacement for Stanley at fullback until Cummins is ready to take up the position full time.

watatank

Coach
Who's going to play halfback when Hornby retires? Have we got a better prospect then Hunt? I'm just curious.

Hope they don't plan on having a Soward/Stanley halves combination. Unless Soward works on leading the team around. Certainly isn't one of his strengths.

Stanley is a better prospect. Stanley/Soward should be our halves after Hornby moves on and I'm sure they can adjust.

Mr Fourex

Bench

Of course he has.......he's been holding out for Lockyer to retire.

Now he has his chance.

Wallace at 5/8 and Hunt at half is what I'd like to see Brisbane start the year off with.

With more quality game time in the NRL ........wearing the 7,

I think Ben Hunt will start playing to his full potential.

watatank

Coach
Obviously, if he secures the vacant halves spot the whole thread is moot because he will re-sign.

So what happens if Norman secures the spot? Will he still hang around then or will he move on

Benny

First Grade
King and Stanley's prefernce is in the halves.
QUOTE]

King's preference would not be the halves - it'd be hooker.

Stanley at fullback before moving into halves with Soward is the obvious and best thing to do with a youngster like Cummins coming into fullback.

Chasing a fullback could be another option as Cummins is so versatile.

If we have a spine with the likes of Cummins, Soward, Stanley and King who are mostly very young - the future is bright!

MattYg1

Bench

Not sure if I entirely agree with that statement... there was many an occassion last year when Soward was directing the play to pinpoint precision to get us into a particular position for his kicking game.

I know that Gus and Sterlo pointed it out a few times because I noticed it myself before they said anything... If he can continue to do this and work on his on field confidence, there is no reason to think he cant be our future 7 when Stanley makes his inevitable move to the 6...

Its not like Soward plays the best five eigth role in the league anyway...

Latest posts