What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ben Hunt's kicking game .... FAAAARK

I'm Hornby

Juniors
He gets this right and we win today. His kicking game sux balls and probably the worst kicking game from a halfback in years
And yet your man the drug cheat coach gives himself a big pat on the back for keeping him at the club. Another grave error of judgement on his part!

FlickFlano

Juniors
Hunt can lay on a try, most of the time its either as a running 5/8 two off the ruck, a dummy half run/pass or off a hail mary kick in the vicinity of Lomax.

Dragons attack under Mary/Hook/Flano has been a disorganised rabble and that is all on the mistaken belief that Hunt is a game managing halfback. He just isnt.

The problem with trying to play him as a 6 though is that he will simply play the way he does now.

His best positions in order are Hooker, 5/8 if paired with someome who has the gravitas to be allowed by his royal highness to organise the team .. then daylight.

Play Hunt at 9, Liddle at 14, Kyle at 7 then anyone at 6. and you will be better than we are now.

Hunt single handedly cost us this game tonight.

I'm Hornby

Juniors
I don't want Hunt gone. I want him to improve his kicking game. Every fxcking post is not about Flanno. Fxck you are obsessed. Give it a rest.
Why can't the coach get him performing to your wishes then? Surely a good coach could bring our the skills you want Hunt to have?

Remember his son plays in the halves too and he had some very ordinary kicking today.

The coach is responsible for individual player performances and honing their skills.

Dragon David

First Grade
We need a deadset playmaking half. We also need a couple of big bastard middle forwards who are hard to handle and tire the opposition. The Sharks players were told to defend and not let us gain too much advantage in attack and as such we couldn't score in the second half because of that and of course Ben Hunt not controlling the game.

It was a very disappointing game in the end for us. I was hoping that the half time score would be full-time but knew that we still had 40 minutes to go and again, we don't beat the Sharks - our big bogey team.

maestro1

Bench
Why can't the coach get him performing to your wishes then? Surely a good coach could bring our the skills you want Hunt to have?

Remember his son plays in the halves too and he had some very ordinary kicking today.

The coach is responsible for individual player performances and honing their skills.
Ben Hunt is a 300 game NRL player who has had a stellar representative career. Yes his game has flaws, but I'd rather he play for us than against us. Other than a good 40/20 strike rate and a pretty good short kicking game on the opposition's tryline, his overall kicking game is pretty shyte. No coach is going to fix that.... Fxck, Bennett couldn't!!!

But it suits you to use the "Flanno hasn't been able to improve it" line as your hatred for Flanno is blinding you and making you embarrass yourself with your obsessive agenda. I suggest You start reading the room.

Let's look at what Flanno has improved......
1. Sloan's overall game
2. Lomax's overall game
3. 50% team turning up rate compared to about 20% last season
4. Frank Molo's overall game
5. Jacob Liddles overall game
6. Our left side defence
7. Our on line defence
8. Our overall attack. We are scoring more points per game
9. Moses Suli's overall game
10. Jayden Su'as overall game
11. Improved our overall squad with Luciano, Eisunhuth, RFM, Sele, Nu Brown and KFlann
12. Bird's still not my choice for centre but he has improved on his putrid, overweight, slow performances from 2023.
13. BMMs overall game
14. KFlann's game has improved from his time at the dogs.
15. I genuinely feel we are a chance every game, where last year I struggled to expect a win let alone a good performance
16. JDB played well last year, but has been awesome this season
17. Use of our bench is better this year.

What has gone backwards
1. Blake Lawries performances
2. Our kicking game, which was also shyte last year
3. Ravalawas performances (slightly)