What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ben Ikin

Desert Qlder

First Grade
Man has principles. Turned down a lucrative career in upholding those.

Might be fashionable to dislike him but I'll always have respect for Ben.

El Diablo

Post Whore
Man has principles. Turned down a lucrative career in upholding those.

Might be fashionable to dislike him but I'll always have respect for Ben.

yup

the State Of Origin scandal 9 promoted it as and used images of Ikin

turned out to be a story on his father and had nothing to with Ben Ikin or Origin

Grimshaw is a disgrace

Tone83

Juniors
I like ikin, his opinions are usually the same as mine and he wants to talk about stuff I want to hear from an angle I can care about.

Beside his decent level of knowledge and commentator professionalism, he also seems to be a nice down to earth guy.

Never liked him as a player, very forgettable, but as a man and as a tv presenter I like him.

some11

Referee
yup

turned out to be a story on his father and had nothing to with Ben Ikin or Origin

Grimshaw is a disgrace

That was disgusting from Nine, Gyngell and Crawley only look after hacks like Rabs & Hadley.

PARRA_FAN

Coach
yup

Grimshaw is a disgrace

This.

Especially when he was an employee of Nine at the time. Theyre a pack of scums Nine.

Just with Ikin he is improving as a host of NRL 360 and doesnt hold back on his opinions and speaks well.

Danish

Referee
Seems a nice guy, and I thought him walking out on 9 showed a tremendous amount of class...

.... but f**k me he grates me the wrong way. Its the "holy shit its been 3 minutes since the last time I mentioned a queenslander" that kills me. He is starting to shake the habit but its still there

Fire

First Grade
It'd be nice if every time he made an appearance on TV, radio, or newspaper, he didn't remind us he is Wayne Bennett's son-in-law.

NRL 360 is shit. Ikin and Kent should dye their hair purple and go talk their gossip shit down the local RSL with the rest of the old ladies. It's the rugby league equivalent of The View.

STERLO is where it's at. They actually analyse rugby league games and talk tactics.

p.s. Ikin, wearing glasses doesn't make you intelligent.

Allstar Knights

Juniors
Ikin is still so overly bias about anything QLD, but when he's not talking about it he's quite good.

Am I the only one that's a fan of Kent? He's a bit of a merkin, but he asks the tough questions and isn't afraid to say what he thinks of someone, or something. There's no BS with him.

Last edited:

Tone83

Juniors
I can't compute how being biased for qld and steering the convo towards qld whenever possible could be considered a bad thing. Probably part of the reason I like him but I don't even consciously see it because its just how it should be, quite obviously. Qld represent everything that is good about rugby league and indeed sport in general, maybe even just life in general. I feel any real rugby league fan would support qld regardless of where they're from. Any advocate of good over bad and right over wrong. Any decent human being.

Tone83

Juniors
kent is a kerkin, he's got the personality of someone who would ruin any kind of dinner party or whatever, and just basically should never be on tv or in any social setting speaking his mind.

gUt

Coach
I can't compute how being biased for qld and steering the convo towards qld whenever possible could be considered a bad thing. Probably part of the reason I like him but I don't even consciously see it because its just how it should be, quite obviously. Qld represent everything that is good about rugby league and indeed sport in general, maybe even just life in general. I feel any real rugby league fan would support qld regardless of where they're from. Any advocate of good over bad and right over wrong. Any decent human being.

Well said. Anyone who disagrees is obviously some kind of merkin.

Patorick

Staff member
They really should have got an actual journo to host this instead of Ikin.

Good bloke and all, but his pandering to certain players is too much. Defending Wayne and his mates gets tiring.

Kent I can cop, so far this year.