What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ben Kennedy....

deluded pom?

Coach
Ben Kennedy .... they may as well have played John F. Kennedy for what use he was . I also have to ask is Craig Gower the next best half after Andrew Johns ? I can honestly say I have never seen Gower have a great game in an Australian shirt especially here on British soil . Maybe he's one of those players who shine at club level but can't hack it at international level .

*Sandy*

First Grade
Craig Gower played sensational against the poms last week. Every player in the Green and Gold had a shocker today. The better team won ... congrats Kiwis.

Greenblooded

Juniors
deluded pom? said:
Ben Kennedy .... they may as well have played John F. Kennedy for what use he was . I also have to ask is Craig Gower the next best half after Andrew Johns ? I can honestly say I have never seen Gower have a great game in an Australian shirt especially here on British soil . Maybe he's one of those players who shine at club level but can't hack it at international level .

That was the first time I have seen Kennedy have a poor game at rep level in a long long time.

As for Gower, last week he played extremely well. My problem with him is he seems to have poor hands for a half.

gregstar

Referee
Surandy said:
Pity he spent more energy having a dig at the ref than he did at the Kiwis. :roll:
the whole team spent the match giving it to the ref.

who put in a bigger effort for the aussies than kennedy?

Jared27

Juniors
hahahah, you guys going on about how these guys had a poor game etc, and their lack of effort. It was clear to me that NZ put them under a lot of pressure and dominated the game, it's not as if we won because you guys played poorly and we played alright.

simon says

First Grade
Kennedy was our best forward by far.....

On the game,the Kiwis were enthusiastic no doubts,but the ball we dropped with little or no pressure on......well to me that says we were awful.

How long will it be before the Donkey supporters start with the.............'if only Locky was there. He would have won it for us.'

And on the coach: He makes the selections before each game and he had a very big hand in the entire squad before leaving Oz.

I've said this for years (and have been bagged for it too) but Bennett has always had the cattle to do the job. Makes winning much easier. Look at the Donkeys. Webke, Tallis, Lockyer, Langer etc = win, both games and premierships. But since the retirements and the fact that Lockyer and Webke appear to carry injuries for most of the season, where has the success gone?

And we can't blame the injuries and non-starters for having to select a 2nd string side. Simple fact is that players should be picked on current form, not form from last year or prior to be injured in rd 3 or because he was 'owed' a spot from last year's tour.

Chris Anderson had a 2nd string Aussie side and won.

simon says

First Grade
Jared27 said:
no not at all, but the reason for that was because we dominated and made them play sh*te.

We dropped balls like i have never seen....thats not good play from the Kiwis,who did play better than us,no doubts.

But you got us on a very bad day.Of that there is no doubt.

innsaneink

Referee
Jared27 said:
hahahah, you guys going on about how these guys had a poor game etc, and their lack of effort. It was clear to me that NZ put them under a lot of pressure and dominated the game, it's not as if we won because you guys played poorly and we played alright.

You might wanna look at the thread title...

bartman

Immortal
I actually thought Kennedy was our best forward in the first half. But no-one was really making in-roads for Australia and there was too much dropped ball in the first half, before they were trying to play catch-up.

Kiwis played excellent no mistake footy tonight. Australia didn't answer it up front, on the edges, or in the halves.

greeneyed

First Grade
The Kiwis put Australia off their game. Remember the gang tackles taking Australian players over the sideline while in possession? Remember the pin point kicks and bombs from Jones? Remember the Kiwi forwards tearing up the middle of the field? Remember who won the all in? Kiwis won and deserved to win and forced Australia to play as they did.

Latest posts