What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ben Matulino = shoulder of granite

Blake

Juniors
The kid has been playing out of his skin this season and tonight against the Broncos he stepped it up a notch with his runs and landing a number of heavy shots.

Each year he has made fantastic gains. What does he need to add to his game i.e. increase his minutes, look for the offload, pass before the line etc.

some11

Referee
Reminds me of Josh McGuire's surge in form last year.

Going from average to brilliant.

Vic Mackey

Referee
Lillyman back helped his game alot IMO

But yes has become a fantastic forward...I know benji desperately wants him at the tigers.

Dresden Dan

Juniors
In league these players & methods aren't talked up enough. The sooks who want to ban the shoulder charge get to say what they want and no one in league seems to speak up against them.

The NRL seems to avoid directly saying anything in favour of the game's brutal side. They don't seem to defend the game in the way I read here by fans.

AFL fans have been drawn to league by Origin and hard tough hits that aren't in AFL anymore.

If you don't stand up and challenge these critics it will end up like AFL where every year the game gets more softer. League should stay the way it is if it wants to get AFL fans interested.

He looked to be struggling at the end of his brilliant first stint and was quiet in the second. Hope he's managing to fully recover between games, his stamina is my only concern, but I guess that will come with time, maybe a couple of more seasons and his body will have fully adapted to playing prop.

chigurh

His footwork is very impressive for such a tall front row forward - close to the defensive line he reminds me of Mateo sometimes with the ball in hand.

And yeah, you can guarantee that at least once a game he will land a shot that will result in the ball carrier taking an age to get back to his feet.

Cloudsurfer

Juniors
In league these players & methods aren't talked up enough. The sooks who want to ban the shoulder charge get to say what they want and no one in league seems to speak up against them.

The NRL seems to avoid directly saying anything in favour of the game's brutal side. They don't seem to defend the game in the way I read here by fans.

AFL fans have been drawn to league by Origin and hard tough hits that aren't in AFL anymore.

If you don't stand up and challenge these critics it will end up like AFL where every year the game gets more softer. League should stay the way it is if it wants to get AFL fans interested.

yeah, because it takes so much skill :sarcasm: After league he can get a job as a brick wall....got all the attributes

Usain Bolt

Bench
Ropati could of used his shoulder when Thaiday ran straight through him for the last try. Ropati had all day to line him up and still was no effect

gypsy

Bench
He's good. you have to pronounce his name like that sky sports nz bloke does though.

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
If he's not the biggest hitter in the game then he's at least the most consistent. Seems to put a shot on every week.

Rod

Bench
Second best prop behind Scott IMO. If he played for an Aussie team the media would be slobbering all over him.

nonymyz

Juniors
Second best prop behind Scott IMO. If he played for an Aussie team the media would be slobbering all over him.

Exactly. Add aggression and he becomes #1 IMO. Even with the lack of aggression, he still puts Hannant and Thaiday on thier backside and never seems to be dominated in the tackle or the ensuing wrestle. Quick play the ball almost every time.

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
Exactly. Add aggression and he becomes #1 IMO. Even with the lack of aggression, he still puts Hannant and Thaiday on thier backside and never seems to be dominated in the tackle or the ensuing wrestle. Quick play the ball almost every time.

Doesn't need it IMO, more aggression would lead to more penalties conceded, he's dominant enough as he is.

Manu Vatuvei

Coach
What is aggression in rugby league if not smashing blokes in defence and constantly charging into and through the opposition forwards with ball in hand? Does he need to play with a certain facial expression or randomly start fights and give away penalties to become a better player? FMD