What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ben Murdoch-Masila signs on until the end of 2015

azsportza

Live Update Team
Wests Tigers have received a boost on the eve of tomorrow night’s must win game against Melbourne Storm with talented young forward Ben Murdoch-Masila extending his contract for a further two years.

This new deal contracts Murdoch-Masila to Wests Tigers until the end of 2015.

"I’m really pleased with this new deal which will allow me to further develop my career with Wests Tigers'’ Murdoch-Masila said.

"My goal is now to be a permanent member of the team each week and whilst it’s been good coming off the bench up until now, I’d like to force my way into the starting line up next year."

Wests Tigers Head Coach Tim Sheens is looking forward to further developing Murdoch-Masila's game.

"There is no doubt Ben has enormous talent and potential. He is a strike weapon and can become a top line player of the game with the right kind of commitment to his training regime,'' Sheens said.

Murdoch-Masila has played 28 NRL games including 19 this season. He made his NRL debut against the Sydney Roosters in the first week of the 2010 finals series.

Source: http://www.weststigers.com.au/news-display/Ben-MurdochMasila-signs-on-until-the-end-of-2015/63031

I've got to say I've been hugely disappointed with his development and contribution this year. It's obvious the kid has some potential, he's young and got a great physique, but I've seen very little on the field to have confidence in him being any more than a Sika Manu. Needs 12 months in Jim Beam Cup to work on his game and get some game time.

He's playing f**k all minutes this year which hasn't helped his development.

Tiger05

First Grade
I've got to say I've been hugely disappointed with his development and contribution this year. It's obvious the kid has some potential, he's young and got a great physique, but I've seen very little on the field to have confidence in him being any more than a Sika Manu. Needs 12 months in Jim Beam Cup to work on his game and get some game time.

He's playing f**k all minutes this year which hasn't helped his development.

Yep.

I keep thinking he has to step up and become a top level player. He seems to have the ability to be one of the best props or backrowers running around but he isn't kicking on.

Give him more minutes and a starting role and see how he goes.

Still - it is great news that he has signed for the club.

hybrid_tiger

Coach
He is our most damaging runner of the ball and IMO he's been good in limited minutes.

Very glad he's signed.

Has the size,strength & ability to be a future rep player in the Dave Taylor mould as long
as he is kept as a back rower.

Already miles ahead of Blair