What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ben ross has to stay

BunnyManny

Juniors
In my eyes he has single handedly led the forward pack since Asotasi, Burgess, Stuart and Geddes were all ruled out with lengthy injuries. Luke Stuart is/was the most under rated prop in the game and I think Ben Ross would fill his void next year.

Ben Ross' stats from last nights game:
Tackles: 25
Runs: 17
Meters Run: 150

He has been doing this for the last 10 weeks. He plays error free football and puts his hand up when we need a forward getting us over the advantage line.

He is a guy that would not cost us a lot of money to keep and will partner Asotasi brilliantly. I think Luke Burgess is good but I think we could still use him coming off the bench next year.

Thoughts?

hennessy

Juniors
Isn't there are problem in that he nominated to stay after the cut off point and the Club was forced to make other arrangements?

Paul Hewson

Juniors
The problem is his manager is asking for 3 years. With all that he has been through and the club sticking by him for the last 2 years would be a shame to see him go elsewhere.

BunniesMan

Immortal
Although I'd love to see him stay I can see why we're hesitant to give a 3 year contract to someone on the wrong side of 30.

We have Asotasi, Luke Burgess who has been so much better than I expected, and let's not forget George Burgess who with an offseason under Maguire will likely be ready to roll next year, I can see why we've made our decision.

Still, if his manager would lower that demand to 2 years, I could live with that.

Although I'd love to see him stay I can see why we're hesitant to give a 3 year contract to someone on the wrong side of 30.

We have Asotasi, Luke Burgess who has been so much better than I expected, and let's not forget George Burgess who with an offseason under Maguire will likely be ready to roll next year, I can see why we've made our decision.

Still, if his manager would lower that demand to 2 years, I could live with that.

Spot on BM,but I believe the 2nd year has to have an option in our favour.

boo_boo

Juniors
Ross has been a relevation this year & deserves credit for the manner in which he has returned to the game.
I hope the club can see reason to keep him & i hope Ross can see reason to stay.

Rabbit toes

First Grade
I see no problem with a year to year proposition. Wasn't Luke Stuart doing that until his last contract when he signed for 2. Only to be busted and retire, unfortunately.

Latest posts