What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ben Ross should only be facing 1 week-maximum

Fibroman

First Grade
I can't believe Ben Ross is looking at more time on the sideline than Adrian Morley? Ross harmlessly lifted a forearm in a defensive instinctive movement in attack, and he is being hung out to dry. Morley: again viciously attacks the head of an opponent, and will no doubt only cop a week or two at the most. Typical of the corruption and favouritism shown towards the goosters.

Razor

Coach
Ross got the 6-8 weeks for two seperate tackles. One was a spear tackle which was much worse than the minor high tackle that Morely did on Ryles.

stoof

Juniors
maybe a dumb question but in circumstances like this where there are two charges will he miss 8 weeks or just 6 with the 2 weeks for the high tackle being served at the same time as 2 of the weeks for the spear tackle.

Razor

Coach
maybe a dumb question but in circumstances like this where there are two charges will he miss 8 weeks or just 6 with the 2 weeks for the high tackle being served at the same time as 2 of the weeks for the spear tackle.

The suspensions are added together. So they're served consecutively, NOT concurrently.

RenoufPhan

Juniors
Does he have a prior record at the judiciary that came into calculations for the spear tackle?

Because I've seen tackles that are just as bad, or even worse, where the player in question wasn't looking at 6 weeks.

Seems a bit harsh to me.

Munky

Coach
Does anyone else remember in the Penrith V Raiders final in 2000 where Puletua was spear tackled twice and the 4 players involved had 4 weeks off between them.

One player involved was David Furner who didn't miss a game at all.

This ended any hopes as Tony was in rampaging form.

Fibroman

First Grade
It was just a good solid tackle, where Ross unfortunately, and I believe accidently lifted Croker beyond the horizontal. It wasn't deliberate of vicious like some of the stuff Morley dishes out week in, week out. The lifted elbow to the opponent's chin doesn't even deserve talking about. You will see the same thing ten or twenty times during every game.

Ross' treatment seems to be a sabotage of the mighty Panthers chances to defend their title. It's a joke. I wouldn't mind so much if Morley was facing the same stint on the sideline.