What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ben Ross

thuganomics

Coach
Now that the Panthers have the week off, he now wont be able to play in the Grand Final :shock: .

Sorry If this has already been mentioned.

mightypanther

Juniors
Yeah........it's sad for Ben,

but the chance for the likes of Lewis, Tony and Joe to get over their injuriies,
is much more important.

Even with Ben in the side, we would still have needed the other guys fit and
playing well to try to guarantee our chance to get to the grand final.

choc_soldier

Coach
I think Ross said he would not have made himself available if we make the GF, because it would have been unfair for the guys who got them there.

He'll be fit and raring to go next year! :clap:

Broncodroid

Juniors
A hard luck story when looking at this suspension which involved a guy with a pretty darn good record...IMO, Ben Ross's suspension was a little harsh. But that is covering old ground and there is no real point in bringing that back up.

Ben Ross I have said on another forum is going to be the next great QLD prop. I think you will find Ben Ross starting weekly for the Panthers next season will see him grow us a Rugby League player and his name will be mentioned more and more often in media outlets.

Munky

Coach
I'll be blowing up if Finch doesn't get atleast 2 weeks. Ross got 6 for the tackle (yet Clinton got one?) and 3 for Ian Hindmarsh running into his elbow.

Caged Panther

First Grade
just means we'll be all the better off at the beginning of next season when marty is no longer around and ben is in the starting lineup. :mrgreen:

dice

Juniors
For what it's worth, I think it sux the Panthers get rewarded with a week off and Ben Ross misses an extra week. I have said it all along that there should be no suspension or send offs during finals for anything other than intentional bastard acts.

*Sandy*

First Grade
What sux is watching everyone else get off whilst our Benny has to sit it out! :evil:

dice

Juniors
PK, not meaning to start a shit fight but I think Ben Ross was a victim of Panthers stupidity. Ben Ross should have taken the early plea and challenged the grading the same way the Roosters did with Finch. Had the roosters taken the same approach Finch would have been gone for all money.

*Sandy*

First Grade
You come in saying crap like that and you are asking for a shit fight. How in hell does Finch and Ricketson get off scott free and Ross gets 9 weeks for less is complete bullshit and the judiciary and the NRL should be ashamed of themselves. Help the chooks to keep their main stars on the field for the finals but forget about the rest. Ben Ross did challenge the grading and I'm pretty sure he did take the early plea otherwise it would have been 13 f**ken weeks! :evil:

And you all wonder why you get slammed when you pop in with your pathetic excuses. :roll:

dice

Juniors
PK, you have little understanding of how the judiciary works. Finch and Ross were both found guilty of a lesser charge. The difference being Finch pleaded guilty and then contested the severity, getting the early plea discount on the lesser charge. Ben Ross pleaded not guilty meaning he copped the full amount on the lesser charge.

If you plead not guilty you have to be totally not guilty or you a f**ked. The Panthers should have realised Ben Ross was never going to be totally absolved of blame and taken the early guilty plea and then contest the severity of charges. It was their own ignorance that cost Ben an extra week or two.

*Sandy*

First Grade
Reported on the official panther site back in July:

Jul 19 - The Panthers will seek an opinion from former NRL Commissioner Jim Hall on charges laid against Ben Ross and Joel Clinton as a result of a tackle during Saturday evening's match against the Raiders.

The club will decide what course of action to take tomorrow after it has heard Mr Hall's opinion.

Ben has been charged with a Grade 4 Dangerous Throw on Jason Croker in the 35th minute, while Joel, who was involved in the same tackle, has been charged with a Grade 1 Dangerous Throw. Ben has also been charged with Grade 1 Striking for an incident earlier in the match.

If Ben fights both charges and loses, he would be out for 12 weeks. If he takes an early guilty plea to both he would be out for nine weeks.

So what are you trying to say there Dice? That *Mr Hall* has a different rule for the precious Roosters? :roll:

Again I will say he took the *early guilty* plea as advised by Mr Hall himself.

Latest posts