What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ben Simmons

AusKnightRKO

First Grade
He’s going fantastic, and a scary player to watch a year 2 from now, but he doesn’t deserve rookie of the year, but he is surely a lock for it.

Barkley

Bench
Because he isn’t a rookie, its his second season, he may of missed his entire 1st, but that shouldn’t mean he or anyone else is eligible for it in their second year.
Ahhh you’re one of those haha. Yeah I can see the argument for him not being classed a rookie but until the NBA changes their stance on the matter I’m going to continue to enjoy the first Aussie ROY.

Barkley

Bench
Good night for Aussies with Ingles getting 17 and 8 assists in a win
How good has Slo Mo Joe been this year? He is one of Utah’s favourite sons now. I never thought that he would have a better year then Patty Mills.

AusKnightRKO

First Grade
Ahhh you’re one of those haha. Yeah I can see the argument for him not being classed a rookie but until the NBA changes their stance on the matter I’m going to continue to enjoy the first Aussie ROY.
I’m happy he is going to get it from an Australian perspective, but from a sporting stand point, he gets such a massive advantage over thr rest its almost unfair.

shaggs

Coach
I’m happy he is going to get it from an Australian perspective, but from a sporting stand point, he gets such a massive advantage over thr rest its almost unfair.
In the nrl you can play 5 games in your first season and still be classified as a rookie the next.
He didn’t pay a game, so he is a rookie.

AusKnightRKO

First Grade
In the nrl you can play 5 games in your first season and still be classified as a rookie the next.
He didn’t pay a game, so he is a rookie.
This is not NRL, and even that is a dumb rule, you can only be a rookie in your 1st season anything after that shouldn’t count.

He’s a world class player, but Mitchell deserves it as a true rookie.

Danish

Referee
This is not NRL, and even that is a dumb rule, you can only be a rookie in your 1st season anything after that shouldn’t count.

Is there a sport on the planet that doesn’t consider the first season you play a game as your rookie season?

t-ba

Post Whore

He didn't play.

The Admiral got drafted two seasons before he played because he had to finish his naval service before joining the Spurs but still won rookie of the year. A bunch of solid NBA players play in Europe for a season or two after being drafted.

It isn't "dude from last draft class who did the best this season" award.

T-Boon

Coach
I haven't been following Mitchell lately, but Simmons has gone to another level the last month and is winning without Embiid. He is going toe to toe with Lebron just now and looks good. Maybe he has done enough over the last to win rookie.

AusKnightRKO

First Grade
I haven't been following Mitchell lately, but Simmons has gone to another level the last month and is winning without Embiid. He is going toe to toe with Lebron just now and looks good. Maybe he has done enough over the last to win rookie.
It will win it easily, hell he’s a top 10 player in the league already on form, he just triple doubled against The Cavs.

If this team gets lucky, gets a high lottery pick, gets Trae Young, they can bring in some FAs, this team can win the championship 2020/2021 Season.

T-Boon

Coach
I also cannot believe the level Lebron is playing at and he isn't going to win the MVP.
I'd like to see his statistics since the trades were made.

Barkley

Bench
Well that makes 12 for his rookie season.
27pts / 15reb / 13 ast.

Huge numbers and he just keeps getting better. Playing against LBJ would have been good motivation for him.

It will win it easily, hell he’s a top 10 player in the league already on form, he just triple doubled against The Cavs.

If this team gets lucky, gets a high lottery pick, gets Trae Young, they can bring in some FAs, this team can win the championship 2020/2021 Season.

Is there a need to bring in another PG at the Sixers?

Young’s jump shot looks good from what I read, sets him apart from Simmons & Fultz. Simmons is a natural ball handler though, I’d be weary about bringing in another guy who demands the ball a lot.

aqua_duck

Coach

Young’s jump shot looks good from what I read, sets him apart from Simmons & Fultz. Simmons is a natural ball handler though, I’d be weary about bringing in another guy who demands the ball a lot.
I think given what Belinelli and Ilyasova have brought into the team they should be targeting shooters, Mikal Bridges would be a great pick, can shoot, play D, NBA ready and a Philly local to boot.

AusKnightRKO

First Grade

I’d bring one in, move Simmons back to the small, it would make them so much more dominant.

I’d bring one in, move Simmons back to the small, it would make them so much more dominant.

Smells like too many chiefs to me.

Given how well Simmons is controlling the ball so early in his career, his ceiling is ridiculous.

Isn’t hype to say we’ve got a clone of Magic on our hands. Magic was similar in he didn’t have a great jump shot, to me in the modern NBA a small forward needs a jump shot even more than the past.

Playing the 3 would temper his talents, and his ball handling goes hand in hand with his style of play in the paint, especially on quick transitions.

I’d be drafting a shooting guard given the age of their two current players in that position.

AusKnightRKO

First Grade
Smells like too many chiefs to me.

Given how well Simmons is controlling the ball so early in his career, his ceiling is ridiculous.

Isn’t hype to say we’ve got a clone of Magic on our hands. Magic was similar in he didn’t have a great jump shot, to me in the modern NBA a small forward needs a jump shot even more than the past.

Playing the 3 would temper his talents, and his ball handling goes hand in hand with his style of play in the paint, especially on quick transitions.

I’d be drafting a shooting guard given the age of their two current players in that position.
Thats why i was in on drafting young, move him to sg, make sure he knows it’s bens ball to control, and give him the sole role of being a shooter.

But with that the problem is, what do you do with Fultz? Use him as a trade chip?

Or go after Klay in the off season?