What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ben Smith in doubt

Stagger eel

Staff member
I was told that Oaky was our best player last saturday, I guess he'd be our next choice but I guess we'll know more on sunday when we see who runs out for Wenty..

caylo

Bench
I would definatly like to see Tee Maari or OHanlan given a shot or Cayless moved into the backrow with Allgood or Pele given a shot.

bartman

Immortal
Oake did OK filling in last time.

Ben's played really well this year though, and Hindy might be a bit tired.

1 Eyed TEZZA

Coach
I think we could really put some points on Newcastle. Im thinking a 20+ victory, and if the game opens up, Inu on the bench, put one of the backs in the back row and run Newcastle ragged. They obviously wouldnt be doing the hitups of a back rower, but the wide running. Im thinking Reddy could defend in that role without a problem.

Craig Johnston

First Grade
i'll put my hand up to one trying to ride oake out of the club, but what he's done so far in every chance he's gotten has impressed me.

he's definitely the next forward in line for promotion atm as proven with previous lineups and deserves another gig.

Stagger eel

Staff member
Oakey appears to be our best option, he'll do a job for us, he won't win us a game but you know what you get out of him and it's a 100% commitment..

Lassalo has also hit a bit of form of late and could also be an interesting inclusion off the bench.

EelsFan05

Bench
Anyone got any news on this. Apart from the obvious benefits for Parra it’s a big dilemma for my fantasy team.

oldmancraigy

Coach
Hindy only played 68 minutes on Weds. He'll be fresh as by Monday.

Obviously Horo will go into the starting pack if Benny is out. And Oake has been the 'staple diet' so far on the bench.

Oake always tries his best, but he's really just a bit tiny for his style of game at the first grade level... I'd like to see Lasalo given the bench gig - he's another rangy running type in the backrow.

In the end, Hindy, Mateo and Horo could all play the 80, so whoever comes in will be just to spell one of them for a bit.