What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ben Smith, Nathan Hindmarsh, Luke Burt - Retire now!

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Nathan Hindmarsh is old, slow and offers nothing in attack. Every move he makes is easily read by the opposition defense. He said that he knew at the end of last year he didn’t want to play anymore... Well why didn’t he retire then!

Luke Burt is old, slow and weak. He has no confidence and gets monstered in EVERY tackle. Every time he is tackled it reminds me of the Tallis/Hodgson tackle in Origin.

Ben Smith offers nothing in attack and has committed more handling errors than anyone else in Parramatta history! First game of footy back in 2012, first touch of the ball... Drops it!

Its obvious that we have carried these players for too many years. I can’t remember the last time that any of the above three won Parra a game. Time to drop these guys and plan for the future; I would rather have Matt Ryan playing 80mins than Ben Smith!

lol

Though I have to admit I was saying the same thing about Hindy and Burt at halftime.

Ben Smith though? Give him a f**ken break. It's his first game this year.

Strangenuts

Juniors
Im sorry, but i do spend time looking at f**kwits, wondering if theve actually ever been told that they are, in fact, a f**kwit. And then i wonder, if someone took the time to say - "look, im sorry, but youre just a f**kwit" if theyd realise that they are a f**kwit, and maybe think before they were a f**kwit?

Youve been told.

x2

Springs

First Grade
How stupid is this guy? Calls someone else an internet hero when he's just bagged out three great players on the internet?

All three were good tonight. Hindmarsh through the pass to Morgan to set up the winning try if you didn't notice. And who scored that try? Burt!
Burt had a few errors in the first half but two were stupid ref mistakes and he played great in the second half.

Catching the last pass is a winger's job? Well Burt is a winger, shouldn't he be doing a winger's job then? Which he is? And tackling is a backrower's job? Well Hindmarsh is great at playing back row but he should be playing half and fullback as well right?

And I'm sure if we only relied on those three we would be smashed by more than 50. I mean 3 on 17, they don't have a chance!

bartman

Immortal
Ben Smith's inclusion and contribution was vital tonight - the work he did in defence with Cheyse Blair on either side of Sandow really nullified the Sharks' gameplan, and I doubt we would have got the win if Smith wasn't on the field.

Burt had a good game too, on the end of some good ball he showed his finishing skills, and of course the goal kicking (except for the one that hit the posts when the ground announcer jinxed him!). And Hindy just keeps tackling everything that moves in the middle. Glad those three got a home win up together, here's hoping there's a couple more by season end.

dazeely

First Grade
Thought Ben smith was good tonight. did i watch the wrong game or something. plus 1st game back. must need my eyes checked.

Runaround Man

Juniors
Lol.. wow internet hero!

I stand by all my comments!

Catching the last pass is a wingers job, tackling is a back rowers job! They didnt win the game or create the points. Roberts, Morgan, Hayne, Fui Fui, Ryan, all made the three I mentioned look good.

If we relied only on Hindmarsh, Smith and Burt we wold have lost by 50!

Im happy for the win, I still stand by my point... F**kwit!

Just sit down, take your medicine and do what the nurse tells you to.

There's a good boy.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Ben Smith's inclusion and contribution was vital tonight - the work he did in defence with Cheyse Blair on either side of Sandow really nullified the Sharks' gameplan, and I doubt we would have got the win if Smith wasn't on the field.

How good was Blair coming out of the line with Smith and Sandow sliding behind him? We've tried that all year on Sandow's side but usually been let down by the edge forward. Of course Morgan always got the blame for being out of position...

bartman

Immortal
Yep, we've really missed Smith in that wide defence - they worked it brilliantly tonight and soaked up everything they threw at us.

I think both sides of the field should be pretty well sorted out now: Smith (for 80mins next game), Sandow, Blair and Sio; and Ryan/Reni, Roberts (still a slight worry), Morgan/W Tonga and Burt.

bartman

Immortal
And that pass from Hindmarsh to Morgan, left out that key contribution from my earlier post.

Wally21

Bench

Couldn't agree more Bart. We have missed him deluxe. I thought Sandow looked a lot more confident in D tonight and Blair was sensational in D.

bartman

Immortal
Such a shame he was injured for the first 12 weeks, or that we couldn't have switched Hindmarsh over into that role or something (though we would have missed his D up the middle).

Oh well, all systems go now! :thumn

hindy111

Post Whore
Hindy stays because he is hindy-He realy should camp out wide thou.He gets in the way and stiffles our attack so many times its annoying when we are about to spread the ball and he does a hit up that slows the whole momentum of the play down.

Burt - I agree .He offers not a lot bar goal kicks.He never darts from dummy half anymore or makes the sneaky run.His just too small and slow these days.Whens willies back he will be dropped no doubt.Under the high ball he is also terrible.Yes he is a smart winger but his time in first grade is just finished.

Smith-Thought he was very good in defense.He can take hindys role next year and his runs are a lot more enforcing

Gronk

Staff member
Hindy stays because he is hindy-He realy should camp out wide thou.He gets in the way and stiffles our attack so many times its annoying when we are about to spread the ball and he does a hit up that slows the whole momentum of the play down.

Burt - I agree .He offers not a lot bar goal kicks.He never darts from dummy half anymore or makes the sneaky run.His just too small and slow these days.Whens willies back he will be dropped no doubt.Under the high ball he is also terrible.Yes he is a smart winger but his time in first grade is just finished.

Smith-Thought he was very good in defense.He can take hindys role next year and his runs are a lot more enforcing

Lukey does get monstered when he runs, misses bombs and gets thrown over the side line.

However, you're not a rugby league fan if you could not see that he did some clever things.

Q: If he is not selected next week, who from Wenty should take his place and are you confident that he will provide a superior game to Burt ?

zipzip man

Juniors
Nathan Hindmarsh is old, slow and offers nothing in attack. Every move he makes is easily read by the opposition defense. He said that he knew at the end of last year he didn’t want to play anymore... Well why didn’t he retire then!

Luke Burt is old, slow and weak. He has no confidence and gets monstered in EVERY tackle. Every time he is tackled it reminds me of the Tallis/Hodgson tackle in Origin.

Ben Smith offers nothing in attack and has committed more handling errors than anyone else in Parramatta history! First game of footy back in 2012, first touch of the ball... Drops it!

Its obvious that we have carried these players for too many years. I can’t remember the last time that any of the above three won Parra a game. Time to drop these guys and plan for the future; I would rather have Matt Ryan playing 80mins than Ben Smith!

Bet you wish you could take this back? Ha Ha Ha never question a champion!!! Hindy the Legend

SDM

First Grade
Lukey does get monstered when he runs, misses bombs and gets thrown over the side line.

However, you're not a rugby league fan if you could not see that he did some clever things.

Q: If he is not selected next week, who from Wenty should take his place and are you confident that he will provide a superior game to Burt ?

I think Burt should and will stay in first grade until some troops return from injury, not from Wenty or U20's.

eel01s

Bench
This thread is a prime example of why you should at least wait until full time before you post your opinion. At least you might be safe for a week.

Casper The Ghost

First Grade
Ben Smith plugged a defensive hole we so desperately needed for the first 12 rounds or so. Sandow's defence improved because of Ben Smith and with Reni holding up the other side of the ruck we now have a much better defensive wall across the park. Give Ben Smith a few more games and we'll have Blair and Smith intimidating and smashing opposition attackers. Then we have Fui, Poore, Mat Ryan, Mannah, Hindy, Reni & Allgood helping to smash attackers too. And then we have brilliant defenders like Mat Keating & Hayne chopping down attackers as well. All is looking good for the future. Our attacking brilliance will come out of our solid defense. This leads to winning games.

Last edited:

tresurehunt

Juniors
hindmarsh has to run the ball,he cant just be out there for his defence. effective or not it gives the other forewords a short rest.

SDM

First Grade
hindmarsh has to run the ball,he cant just be out there for his defence. effective or not it gives the other forewords a short rest.

Yes, but he should be banned from taking hit ups in the middle of the ground in the attacking 20. If some fool throws him the ball in attack he should pass it asap.

Latest posts